Windows 10: How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?

Discus and support How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back in the xp days you can add to the boot.ini file /TIMERES= (number) can you still add this switch using bcdedit /set and if not is there an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by quicksilverstud, Nov 7, 2019.

1. How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?

Back in the xp days you can add to the boot.ini file /TIMERES= (number) can you still add this switch using bcdedit /set and if not is there an alternative you can use in windows 10 1903?

(I tried to google it but i cant seem to find what im looking for.

:)

quicksilverstud, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10, Cannot set Logout Timer

Hi Waltz,

For us to better assist you with your log out timer issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are your running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• "Cannot set Logout Timer" - Do you want to set your computer to auto-shutdown or auto-lock?
    • What steps have your tried to set the logout timer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 7, 2019
  4. How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?

turn off timer on simple solitaire

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Solitaire timer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to turn off the timer:

• Run the game, and go to the top left corner, and click on the
      game option/symbol [].
    • Click on the settings, and search for the timer option.
    • Select the timer option from on to
      off

I suggest you to refer the link on Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10 replied by DrPepper23 replied on August 14, 2015 and check if it helps.

Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with the Solitaire timer. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?

1. How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10? - Similar Threads - set timer resolution

2. How do you reboot Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you reboot Windows 10?: Dear Sir/Madam, The Laptop bought recently Windows 10 worked a few months ago and does not work now. When I switch it on it appears but does not respond. I tried touching the keyboard nothing happens. The On light is blue there is a sound but no response. Do not know...
  3. Resolution settings on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution settings on windows 10: At one point my resolution settings became messed up and some apps are scaled WAY too small compared to the rest of my screen/desktop. Even after resetting my laptop, the resolution is still messed up. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7573 running windows 10 home. The screenshot...
  4. How do you delete a wake timer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you delete a wake timer?: I've finally found a script that claims to stop Windows Update booting my machine when it is powered off by rendering the UpdateOrchestrator "reboot" scheduled task toothless. Maybe it will work. In the meantime the trouble is that I still have one wake timer that has already...
  5. How do I set wake timers

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set wake timers: I have followed this process and Enabled the "Allow wake timers" in the Advanced Settings/Sleep" section, but I cannot see how to set an Awake Timer. I am wanting to set Sleep after one hour but to wake it up at midnight (say) in order for online backups, updates, etc to...
  6. How Do You Fix Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do You Fix Settings?: So I watched this video on YouTube and I wanted to switch my computer name on my hp and after I changed my name all of a sudden I couldn't search in the Cortana box or even ask Cortana questions I can't even press on the windows button please, someone help. Here's the link...
  7. Platform Timer Resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Platform Timer Resolution: hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock. When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5: I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec. If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec. If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5...
  8. How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings: Hi folks, Would anyone be able to advise how i turn on 'grayed out' Volume & Network settings on windows 10 updated HP PC please? [img] Best regards, 18430
  9. How do you like Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you like Windows 10?: I installed it today, and have been playing with it for a couple of hours now. So far it's been very clean, and I have even gone back to IE 11, and things have gone pretty well so far. The one thing I miss from Win 7 is clicking on Computer and being able to click on...
  10. how do you uninstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    how do you uninstall windows 10: Have decided to uninstall windows 10 as can not fix the problems. Can you tell me the best way to do it bare in mind not very good with laptops and tech stuff. Thanks 12949