Windows 10: how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V?

Discus and support how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have hyper v installed with 2 vitual machines os'es running and I'm trying to set up a client/server so i can pratice ad, group policy and so forth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sah0724, Jun 21, 2016.

1. sah0724 Win User

how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V?

I have hyper v installed with 2 vitual machines os'es running and I'm trying to set up a client/server so i can pratice ad, group policy and so forth.

However I can't even ping the server from the client and here is the ip for each system.

client

dns is the ip of the server

server

dns is 127.0.0.1

I did this sucessfully in vb but I couldn't join the domain.

I'm having all types of issues with this virtual software stuff.

the

:)

sah0724, Jun 21, 2016

2. How do connect to a Hyper-V server without a domain?

So I just got Hyper-V, and I wanted to connect to it from another computer without a domain, but I couldn't set it up so that I can connect to it without a domain. All the time I try to connect to the server, it simply denies connections. How do I make it
    allow connections without a domain?

The StrangeTester, Jun 21, 2016
  3. KalifPL Win User
    Windows 10 and Power Plan on Desktop PC

Hi

I have a strange behavior in corporate domain environment with Power Plan GPP that applied to the windows 10 clients

What I did

- I created GPP for power plan (Computer Configuration, Update option) that creates new power plan with custom settings

- GPP is applied to all windows 10 clients: Laptop, Desktops and hyper-v machines

- No other GPOs or settings related to the Power options are set

The GPP is applied and:

- all clients have Power Plan created - OK

- On Laptop clients, regular users can change the plan and their settings - OK

- On hyper-v and Desktops regular user are not allowed to change the Power Plan, administrator rights are required - NOT OK

So the problem is how to allow (or why those options are blocked) for the regular users on Desktops clients to change Power Plan settings?

any Ideas?

KalifPL, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V? - Similar Threads - set domain client

2. How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?: Hello, I am Saja from Inco Special Alloys I set up a couple of vitrual machines using Hyper-V. There seemed to be some memory and resource issues. So I closed down the virtual machines and Hyper-V and then I ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, and avg to clean up my system. I...
  3. How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?: Hello, I am Saja from Inco Special Alloys I set up a couple of vitrual machines using Hyper-V. There seemed to be some memory and resource issues. So I closed down the virtual machines and Hyper-V and then I ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, and avg to clean up my system. I...
  4. How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?: How do I get my Hyper-V set up back? I set up a couple of vitrual machines using Hyper-V. There seemed to be some memory and resource issues. So I closed down the virtual machines and Hyper-V and then I ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, and avg to clean up my system. I uninstalled...
  6. How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?: How do I get my Hyper-V set up back? I set up a couple of vitrual machines using Hyper-V. There seemed to be some memory and resource issues. So I closed down the virtual machines and Hyper-V and then I ran malwarebytes, ccleaner, and avg to clean up my system. I uninstalled...
  7. How do I get my Hyper-V set up back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?: I had been using Hyper-V on Windows Pro to test routers, and had a quad nic installed while doing the testing. Now I completed that, and have removed the NIC to use in a server, but my Hyper-V is hosed. I uninstalled Hyper-V and then reinstalled, but it seems to retain the...
  9. how to open hyper-v's vms networks under sep client?

how to open hyper-v's vms networks under sep client?: How to open hyper-v's vms networks under sep client? I've installed sep client on windows 10 x64 pro, and give hyper-'s external network to hyper-v's virtual machine centos 7 x64 and hyper-'s internal network with bridge to hyper-v's virtual machine windows 8.1....
  10. How do you switch between Hyper-V VMs with a hotkey ?

How do you switch between Hyper-V VMs with a hotkey ?: This is driving me crazy. Everything I search for doesn't come up with the right answer. I have two Hyper-V VMs and I want to run them both full screen and switch between them easily. At present I have to exit the VM into the host OS and back into the other VM which then is...