Windows 10: how do you set up an external hard drive to free up space on the c drive

Discus and support how do you set up an external hard drive to free up space on the c drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi ive purchased a 2TB external hard drive for extra storage but don't know how to set it up to free up space on my c drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phillipbradford, Oct 24, 2020.

1. how do you set up an external hard drive to free up space on the c drive

hi ive purchased a 2TB external hard drive for extra storage but don't know how to set it up to free up space on my c drive

:)

phillipbradford, Oct 24, 2020

2. storage space on the C drive using an external hard drive

How do I connect an external hard drive to give additional storage space on the C drive. The device is plugged in and recognised by the computer, but am unable to link it to the hard drive which is now nearly full.

AnthonyField1, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

how do you set up an external hard drive to free up space on the c drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

how do you set up an external hard drive to free up space on the c drive

1. how do you set up an external hard drive to free up space on the c drive - Similar Threads - set external hard

2. Hyper V - freeing up space in hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V - freeing up space in hard drive: To whom it may concern,On my computer, I have a hard drive which stores all the virtual machines created in Hyper V. While using Hyper V, I noticed that the Windows 8 virtual machine was using 94.8 GB on my computer even though the virtual local disk was only about 50% full....
  3. Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing up space on C: drive with symbolic links: My C: drive is a 106GB SSD and I'm running out of space. I found that a few files like appdata and program files were taking up a lot of space. I heard that you can use symbolic links to save some space. I read a bit online and was confused on how to do this. Would I copy the...
  4. Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive

Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive: Someone gave me an old hard disk. I have an external hard drive enclosure. I put them together and plugged the external drive into my laptop. From Windows Explorer I can see the old hard disk. It has two partitions. F: and G:Recovery. The data is on the F: drive....
  5. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10: I have tried Ccleaner. File scan. Storage Sense. Malware scan. Virus scan. Optimize c Drive. None of it worked all that well. I don't want to partition, etc. I am afraid I will mess it up. There was a simple solution I saw a while ago, but I can't seem to find in...
  6. My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?

My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?: I don't want to use cleanup tool to free up C Drive space and I want to get more details about the useless files on C Drive. For example, I want to know what kind of files can be deleted without any negative effect. What is the location of junk files and how and why do they...
  7. How to free up hard drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to free up hard drive space: I've got a computer with a ~120G SSD and a larger HDD. I've made a real effort to keep anything discretionary off the SSD, but as I'm a (new) developer there are lots of installs, and the space keeps creeping up. The plan had been to install a larger SSD, but now that Covid...
  8. How to free up hard drive space

in Windows 10 Support
    How to free up hard drive space: I've got a computer with a ~120G SSD and a larger HDD. I've made a real effort to keep anything discretionary off the SSD, but as I'm a (new) developer there are lots of installs, and the space keeps creeping up. The plan had been to install a larger SSD, but now that Covid...
  9. Freeing up space on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeing up space on hard drive.: Hi , I need too free up space on my hard drive. Seems other users account for 154 gb I have no other users. In manage my account it only gives me the option to add family friends. How do I delete the other users and free up space? Any help will be appreciated ta...
  10. Free up drive space

Free up drive space: I'm in settings trying to remove disk space to Free up drive space and it has been over an hour and still is not done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-drive-space/6444bfde-0eb1-4c41-a966-7bf7ca496634"