Windows 10: How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909?

Discus and support How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello: I have cleanly installed Win 10, v 1909, and as with all other version of Windows, the question of how to set up files sharing comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hans L, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hans L Win User

How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909?

Hello:

I have cleanly installed Win 10, v 1909, and as with all other version of Windows, the question of how to set up files sharing comes up (bewildering).

I think I have seen that there are no more Homegroup. Any more Workgroup (can't even remember what that is)?

In any event, how would one set up file sharing with computers on the same local network (via router, in my case, and a Win 10 PC and a Win 7 PC)?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hans L, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Hans L Win User

Hello:

I have cleanly installed Win 10, v 1909, and as with all other version of Windows, the question of how to set up files sharing comes up (bewildering).

I think I have seen that there are no more Homegroup. Any more Workgroup (can't even remember what that is)?

In any event, how would one set up file sharing with computers on the same local network (via router, in my case, and a Win 10 PC and a Win 7 PC)?

Thank you in advance.

Hans L, Jan 21, 2020
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 21, 2020
  4. How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909?

File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. How do you share files in Win 10, v 1909? - Similar Threads - share files 1909

2. How do you force close files on a DFS share?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you force close files on a DFS share?: We have a DFS share that is replicated across three servers. We have a user group that needs to update certain configuration files on this DFS share and they need to be able to force close those files. On a standard server share, you can do this with Computer Management. Is...
  3. How do you force close files on a DFS share?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you force close files on a DFS share?: We have a DFS share that is replicated across three servers. We have a user group that needs to update certain configuration files on this DFS share and they need to be able to force close those files. On a standard server share, you can do this with Computer Management. Is...
  4. Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 1909 keeps turning file and printer sharing off: I recently reset my surface pro and after reinstallation I now cannot access a home network NAS drive without turning on SMB1. I have found many cases regarding the same thing but all the hints and tips reference homegroup which does not exist in 1909 build. I have other...
  5. File Sharing in Win 10

File Sharing in Win 10: Where is the "HOMEGROUP" in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing-in-win-10/eb10f3d9-7b04-4f52-b8c3-8d5846c793a4
  6. Win 10 File Sharing

Win 10 File Sharing: Have a new Win 10 desktop that does not accept files on the Network. Cannot Copy a file from a Win 10 laptop to the C:\Users\Public Folder on the new Win 10 desktop. In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings: Public Folder...
  7. Windows 10 v.1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v.1909: Just downloaded v1909 to my desktop. Error message: Cannot start MS Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The path specified for the file: c:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*** Email address is removed for privacy...
  8. Got v.1903? You Probably Have v.1909 Too

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got v.1903? You Probably Have v.1909 Too: I've got news for you: If your Windows 10 PC is currently running v.1903 ... then it may already have v.1909. I'm quoting from the Windows IT Pro Blog: "Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. As a...
  9. File sharing with Win 10

File sharing with Win 10: Just installed a new laptop on my network. The computers can't all see each other or share folders/ files/ drives. From Explorer, I have right-clicked on the C: drive, and given access to Everyone with Read/Write permission. What is wrong? There are 3 computers on the...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there homegroup in win 10 v 1909