Windows 10: How do you share USB WebCam over Home Network

Discus and support How do you share USB WebCam over Home Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam set up on PC1 which is a USB device. How can I use that camera on Laptop1? Laptop1 is on the same network ad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by varxtis, Nov 24, 2018.

1. varxtis Win User

How do you share USB WebCam over Home Network

I have a Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam set up on PC1 which is a USB device.
    How can I use that camera on Laptop1? Laptop1 is on the same network ad PC1. I want to be able to select the webcam from PC1 to use for applications on Laptop1 that use Webcams.

:)

varxtis, Nov 24, 2018

2. Sharing a USB drive over wifi network

Ok, I found the answer. Simply by renaming the computer in the living room solved the issue.

Thanks for the answer from another post

Perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

• go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System"

• under the "Computer name, domain and workgroup settings" click the shielded "change settings" option (far right)

• on the "Computer Name" tab, press the "Change" button (bottom right)

• rename the computer to anything other than what it is now

• follow the restart prompts

• using another computer you should now be able to use windows explorer to refresh the computers on the network (under "Network" drop list) and access the newly named computer, it will ask for credentials (username and password) in my case that is the
      targets Microsoft id and password, this grants full access to anything shared on that computer

• repeat these steps on any other computer not allowing access on the network
    Keep in mind all of my sharing permissions are open with full control, and remember as an example if A is on A’s computer and he wants to gain network access to computer then he has to enter Microsoft username and password

Also I would suggest you to download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

stevelambert50, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 24, 2018
  4. How do you share USB WebCam over Home Network

sharing a usb printer without sharing files

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If other USB devices are working and only USB printer is not working then I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article/threads mentioned below and see if it helps.

Error "0x0000052e" Appears When You Try to Install a Network
    Printer in Windows 7

Error message when you try to install a network printer in Windows 7: "0x0000052e"

windows 8.1 and sharing a printer hardwired to a windows 2000 desktop

If other USB devices are also not working then Then the issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and
    Windows. This may also occur if your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the USB
    and mouse drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting
      Device manager from the list.
    • Expand the USB section.
    • Find the USB device.
    • Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the USB.
    • Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

How do you share USB WebCam over Home Network

1. How do you share USB WebCam over Home Network - Similar Threads - share USB WebCam

2. USB shared over network perm error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB shared over network perm error: I am having issues with sharing a HDD over the network. I'd prefer not to use a NAS since I am trying to save the company I am doing this for some money. My goal is to use the drive as a backup for the other computers on the network, but the program that I am using keeps...
  3. USB shared over network perm error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB shared over network perm error: I am having issues with sharing a HDD over the network. I'd prefer not to use a NAS since I am trying to save the company I am doing this for some money. My goal is to use the drive as a backup for the other computers on the network, but the program that I am using keeps...
  4. USB shared over network perm error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share USB License Dongle over network?: How do you share a USB License/Security Dongle, over a network? So that PC-1 has a Security USB Dongle License connected to it and I would like PC-2, PC-3, PC-4, to all be able to access the license on the Dongle that is connected to PC-1.The dongle only includes 1 license,...
  6. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share USB License Dongle over network?: How do you share a USB License/Security Dongle, over a network? So that PC-1 has a Security USB Dongle License connected to it and I would like PC-2, PC-3, PC-4, to all be able to access the license on the Dongle that is connected to PC-1.The dongle only includes 1 license,...
  7. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

8. Sharing files over home network Windows 10

Sharing files over home network Windows 10: I have always been able to share over home network, one Windows 10 PC let's call it Bill and one Windows 8 Ben. Since replacing Windows 8 PC with new W10 I'll still call it Ben I am unable to access Ben from Bill, but fine the other way round. All permissions are set...
  9. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  10. Cannot share folders over home network

Cannot share folders over home network: I used to have a HomeGroup, I understand that this is now gone. I can now only see media files over the network. I have changed all the folder secure sharing settings to allow viewing folders over the home network. I still don't see them. Just the media files. What's the...