Windows 10: How do you show apps from other virtual desktops on taskbar?

Discus and support How do you show apps from other virtual desktops on taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to show every running app in the taskbar? For example App A is on desktop 2, while I'm on desktop 1 it doesn't appear in taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farrelarrayyan, Aug 4, 2020.

1. How do you show apps from other virtual desktops on taskbar?

Is there any way to show every running app in the taskbar? For example App A is on desktop 2, while I'm on desktop 1 it doesn't appear in taskbar unless it needs attention. I wanted it to appear on my desktop 1 taskbar while the app is still desktop 2.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/farrelarrayyan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/farrelarrayyan, Aug 4, 2020

2. How to open app on another virtual desktop?

Hi Radim,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if virtual desktop or task view option is not enabled.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable virtual desktop on the computer.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is known as “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar. Clicking the “Task View” button brings up the Task View interface, where you can see your open windows on virtual desktops which you have added.

To enable task view option on the taskbar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Show task view button.

3. Then it will be available on the task bar next to the Search bar.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using virtual desktop, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Derty Win User
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

Derty, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Eiji T Win User

How do you show apps from other virtual desktops on taskbar?

Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?

Hello!

I'm your Independent Advisor for today. Let's figure this out and come up with a solution.

Apps opened in virtual desktops will open in that desktop and shouldn't affect the others. Usually the "main desktop" is usually labelled "Desktop 1" and you can switch to it any time.

I think you're pointing out the "picture-in-picture" way Desktops v2.0 manages virtual desktops. Both workings are basically the same, just the presentation of how the virtual desktops are managed is completely different.

Hope this helps.

Eiji T, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

How do you show apps from other virtual desktops on taskbar?

1. How do you show apps from other virtual desktops on taskbar? - Similar Threads - show apps virtual

2. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  3. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  4. App Icons showing on other desktop??

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Icons showing on other desktop??: So I have two desktops open the first desktop has google chrome, word, etc. When I switch desktops by pressing ctrl + windows key + right arrow the app icons still show on the other desktop. this is very annoying. here are some screenshots If you are confused here is a...
  5. How do I move apps from the taskbar section to the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move apps from the taskbar section to the desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jrthegoat420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixb7xo/how_do_i_move_apps_from_the_taskbar_section_to/
  6. Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?: In Windows 7's virtual desktops Desktops v2.0, SysInternals when an application running in a virtual desktop launched new applications such as a console app launching a web browser, they would open in that specific virtual desktop and stay away from my "original" desktop. In...
  7. how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop: how do I move app from taskbar to deskyop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-app-from-taskbar-to-desktop/a212dcbe-dfdf-4317-8387-7db9c708aabe
  8. Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Show Window from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Show Window or All Windows from App on All Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on...
  9. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops: Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual desktop 2 Open two different full windowed excels Hit windows-tab And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a...
  10. How Do You Get Virtual Desktops on Tablet Mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do You Get Virtual Desktops on Tablet Mode?: Is this possible? Thanks for any information! 22369