Windows 10: How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player?

Discus and support How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On Windows 10.0.19041.2965 22H2 Pro, I have two versions of Windows Media Player: old version 12.0.19041.2965 and new formerly Groove Music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TMorse, Jun 4, 2023.

1. TMorse Win User

How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player?

On Windows 10.0.19041.2965 22H2 Pro, I have two versions of Windows Media Player: old version 12.0.19041.2965 and new formerly Groove Music, 11.2304.2.0. One of New Version's flaws at least on Windows 10 is that, when you start a playlist in shuffle mode, it always starts with the first song on the list, then begins to shuffle. I doubt that anyone who is shuffling a playlist wants it always to start with the same song; I know I don't. I've read in some online posts that at least some versions of New WMP have a "shuffle then play" button, but mine sure doesn't. Worse, this now seems to

:)

TMorse, Jun 4, 2023

2. Unable to shuffle music on Windows Media Player in Windows 10

Hi William,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the music’s on the CD does not shuffle. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the issue is specific to the particular disk.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Windows Media Player Settings.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 4, 2023
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 4, 2023
  4. How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player?

Anna Update Music Player (Shuffle play)

i m also facing same issue.

If I on My shuffle Play from Music Player and I go back to music list and Check Other Song. Shuffle is off!!!

And if I close Music player and again open it shuffle is OFF...

Nokia Please replay on this and Fix this ASAP

suyashxp---01, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player?

1. How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player? - Similar Threads - Shuffle _Then_ Play

2. How do you play a playlist in shuffle in Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you play a playlist in shuffle in Windows Media Player?: hi. i have several playlists i want to play the songs in on shuffle. however, in the playlist section i see no "shuffle and play" button. when i view by artist, there is a shuffle and play option: is there any way to shuffle and play a playlist or can i only shuffle and play...
  3. How do you play a playlist in shuffle in Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you play a playlist in shuffle in Windows Media Player?: hi. i have several playlists i want to play the songs in on shuffle. however, in the playlist section i see no "shuffle and play" button. when i view by artist, there is a shuffle and play option: is there any way to shuffle and play a playlist or can i only shuffle and play...
  4. How do I use the shuffle feature in media play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use the shuffle feature in media play?: The shuffle feature in media play isn't working. How is it turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-the-shuffle-feature-in-media-play/a23378d5-cd4e-467f-b605-07e44d6f0b14
  5. How do I use the shuffle feature in media play?

How do I use the shuffle feature in media play?: The shuffle feature in media play isn't working. How is it turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-the-shuffle-feature-in-media-play/a23378d5-cd4e-467f-b605-07e44d6f0b14
  6. how do you combine albums in media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you combine albums in media player: combining music albums in media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-combine-albums-in-media-player/0ff4d30b-c2e9-4aec-b4e6-24a8f928083e
  7. how do you combine albums in media player

how do you combine albums in media player: combining music albums in media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-combine-albums-in-media-player/0ff4d30b-c2e9-4aec-b4e6-24a8f928083e
  8. How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player?

How Do You Shuffle _Then_ Play in New Windows Media Player?: On Windows 10.0.19041.2965 22H2 Pro, I have two versions of Windows Media Player: old version 12.0.19041.2965 and new formerly Groove Music, 11.2304.2.0. One of New Version's flaws at least on Windows 10 is that, when you start a playlist in shuffle mode, it always starts...
  9. How do I change to the new Windows Media player when playing CDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change to the new Windows Media player when playing CDs?: How do I change the default player from the old media player to the new Media Player for Windows 11 when playing a CD? When I insert a CD, the old media player automatically starts up....
  10. How do I disable recent played section in New Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable recent played section in New Media Player: I couldn't manage to turn off the recent files section in Microsoft Media Player not the Windows Media Player. Whenever I open the program, it shows all the files that I opened with Microsoft Media Player in entrance screen. How do I turn off that feature?...