Windows 10: How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...

Discus and support How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I moved a ton of folders from one drive to another to make a backup. And now I need to sort them by date of creation, but all of them have the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpetS15, May 14, 2020.

1. How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...

So, I moved a ton of folders from one drive to another to make a backup. And now I need to sort them by date of creation, but all of them have the same date, can't use any additional 'Date sort type' because they also have all the same date from when I copied them. Is there a way to sort them by the original date of modification?

submitted by /u/SpetS15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpetS15, May 14, 2020
  2. Kol12 Win User

Copied folders - sort by original date

I've got a bunch of folders with photos that I've copied back to a local drive from a Macrium image. The problem I have is that every folder now has a created date of March 07 2020 and I cannot sort them by their original creation date. Is there any way to sort the folders by the original creation date of the photos inside them?

Edit: The only original date left appears to be the modified date of the photo files.

Kol12, May 14, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Sort by date added to folder

Hi there, thanks for your question.

In File Explorer, all sorting options can be viewed by following these steps:

- Open the folder and right click inside of it, not on a file.

- Go to Sort by > More.

This brings up a list of all possibilities of what to sort by. It doesn't look like there's an options for "date added to folder", but one of the other Date options may help, such as Date Created. You could create a copy of the file and move it in, so that
    the date created matches the date added to the folder?

Please let me know if you need more information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, May 14, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...

Copied folders - sort by original date

Is the Macrium image still available? Did you use Macrium to mount the image then copy the data? If so, you could do it again, but use ROBOCOPY instead to copy files and folders while preserving the original date and time.

robocopy source target /DCOPY:T

Ztruker, May 14, 2020
Thema:

How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...

1. How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from... - Similar Threads - sort date creation

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sort folders by date in name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort folders by date in name: Is it possible to sort my folders by dates in their names? They're named in DDMM format, e.g. 22.10. Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sort-folders-by-date-in-name/dc463081-1a24-419e-8036-af7f70f634ca
  4. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  5. folder stuck on sorting by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder stuck on sorting by date: i was trying to sort by date on my pictures folder and it worked fine, changing it to sort by name also works, and that is what i keep it on now. but when i try to upload files to the internet, internet explorer opens up and it sorts by date on my pictures folder, and only in...
  6. How to sort files by 'date added to folder' to undo copy or move manually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sort files by 'date added to folder' to undo copy or move manually: Couldn't find straight forward answer to this. Accidentally moved a load of partial downloads into a folder I had been sorting so mixed things up. Cancelled half way through. Wanted to sort which ones were last added to folder to remove/ move back. 'Sort by date created'...
  7. Copied folders - sort by original date

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copied folders - sort by original date: I've got a bunch of folders with photos that I've copied back to a local drive from a Macrium image. The problem I have is that every folder now has a created date of March 07 2020 and I cannot sort them by their original creation date. Is there any way to sort the folders by...
  8. folder sorting by date modified

folder sorting by date modified: might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up. one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the...
  9. Sort by date added to folder

Sort by date added to folder: I would like to sort by date added to a folder. None of the date options seem able to recognise when something was added to a folder. Is this possible? This question has been asked many times - but I couldn't find an answer that was current....
  10. File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders: I am needing to sort all data files on my disk in chronological order. Does anybody know of a free app that will let me sort all my files in chrono order? This came up in my first search: Total Commander Total Commander - Wikipedia Total Commander - home Total Commander -...