Windows 10: how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

Discus and support how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how do you stop a game app from blacking out your computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sharoncooper3, Sep 18, 2018.

1. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

how do you stop a game app from blacking out your computer?

:)

sharoncooper3, Sep 18, 2018

2. Artifex Mundi games crashing on opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better assistance, please share the information:

• Which is the game that you are not able to play on the computer? Is the issue specific to this game?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue particular to Artiflex Mundi games or all games?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.

• Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    games

Hi Adrienne,

For us to better assist you with this issue, please answer the following:

• Does it only happens when installing this particular game app?
    • Can you tell us which game app is it?
    • Any error codes/messages that appears?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you tried so far?

Regards.

Ian Sal, Sep 18, 2018
  4. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

1. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer - Similar Threads - stop particular game

2. How to figure out whats stopping a computer from booting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to figure out whats stopping a computer from booting?: A laptop of mine recently decided to stop working. I used chkdsk on the hard drive a few times but that just said the diskor the filesystem at least was good. I've ran memtest86 on it for about a hour with no problems so i don't think ram is a problem for it. How would i find...
  3. how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password": I am using an HP laptop running windows 10 home edition version 1903. My version was just updated to build 18362.535. This is my personal laptop and noone else has access or an account. I am logging in using my microsoft account. Every time there is a windows update and even...
  4. how do you stop this from happening with each startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you stop this from happening with each startup?: 123456 [ATTACH]12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-this-from-happening-with-each/81f8824a-b809-4c64-a14c-973c1ff2b9f7"
  5. how do you uninstal your phone app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do you uninstal your phone app?: how do you uninstal your phone app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-uninstal-your-phone-app/dc31d895-8c74-44c5-8028-d047c70940e6"
  6. How do you stop a loop?

in Cortana
    How do you stop a loop?: On my Lenovo tablet, Cortana keeps asking me to say various things over and over. I cannot shut off the tablet. I have been waiting for my battery to run out and then maybe Cortana will get lost. I have the circle on the upper left corner and then what I am supposed to...
  7. How do you find the TCP & UDP of your computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you find the TCP & UDP of your computer?: I had a talk with my ISP about blocking of ports and he offered to activate a port, which is fine. He asked for my TCP and UDP of my computer, which I'm pretty sure doesn't even exist. Is he talking out of his **** or does that actually exist, if so how do I find it? For...
  8. How do you exit out of the windows mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you exit out of the windows mail app: I have it set up for my work email address and I don't want to get work email pop-ups when I'm not at work!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-you-exit-out-of-the-windows-mail-app/015db124-1f6f-4184-989c-55ce5a13bbb9
  9. How do you disable a particular product update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you disable a particular product update?: I've asked this question before but yesterday really bit me bad. I always manually update my nVidia graphics driver whenever a new one becomes available because there are some features I don't use, like VR. Yesterday, I was trying to install the newest driver, 382.19, but...
  10. How do I stop computers from syncing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop computers from syncing?: Have used Windows since the mid-90s. A few years ago I was given an iPad mini because I needed a tablet. After fighting with it for a few years I got a tablet running Win10. I've found that after setting up the tablet, changes on the tablet were also made on my desktop. How...