Windows 10: how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

Discus and support how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how do you stop a game app from blacking out your computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sharoncooper3, Sep 18, 2018.

1. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

how do you stop a game app from blacking out your computer?

:)

sharoncooper3, Sep 18, 2018

2. Artifex Mundi games crashing on opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better assistance, please share the information:

• Which is the game that you are not able to play on the computer? Is the issue specific to this game?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue particular to Artiflex Mundi games or all games?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.

• Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    games

Hi Adrienne,

For us to better assist you with this issue, please answer the following:

• Does it only happens when installing this particular game app?
    • Can you tell us which game app is it?
    • Any error codes/messages that appears?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you tried so far?

Regards.

Ian Sal, Sep 18, 2018
  4. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer

1. how do you stop a particular game app from blacking out your computer - Similar Threads - stop particular game

2. How do you download everything from OneDrive to your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you download everything from OneDrive to your computer?: I am reaching my max on my OneDrive account and I want to download everything to my computer. Unfortunately my computer tries to automatically save everything to OneDrive as well, so it's a very big mess right now. How do I fix this? I don't have a OneDrive app on my computer...
  3. How do you download everything from OneDrive to your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you download everything from OneDrive to your computer?: I am reaching my max on my OneDrive account and I want to download everything to my computer. Unfortunately my computer tries to automatically save everything to OneDrive as well, so it's a very big mess right now. How do I fix this? I don't have a OneDrive app on my computer...
  4. How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in: I tried to look it up on YouTube doesn’t work so I almost gave up so I went to Microsoft egea and still dosent work I did everything it told me but at this point I just don’t know what to do pls contect me and tell me what wrong...
  5. How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in: I tried to look it up on YouTube doesn’t work so I almost gave up so I went to Microsoft egea and still dosent work I did everything it told me but at this point I just don’t know what to do pls contect me and tell me what wrong...
  6. Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?: How should I know when to allow an app to make changes to my computer? What consequences could this have on my computer if I allow a non-legit source to make this change? submitted by /u/Qrossiant [link] [comments]...
  7. How to stop "Do you want your machine to be discoverable"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop "Do you want your machine to be discoverable"?: I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro v 1909 (OS Build 18363.693) on a home-built desktop. Something changed recently -- probably a Windows update -- that's annoying the hell out of me. Here's the situation: I much prefer to work on my machine offline just as much as possible. I...
  8. Do you want this App to make changes to your computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Do you want this App to make changes to your computer?: This is the message I get whenever I try to make changes to a program. If I want to say 'yes' then I am asked for a password which I have no clue what it is. This started to happen after I did a reset. Now, when I do a reboot I get a choice between 2 Win 10 programs, one of...
  9. how do you uninstal your phone app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do you uninstal your phone app?: how do you uninstal your phone app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-uninstal-your-phone-app/dc31d895-8c74-44c5-8028-d047c70940e6"
  10. How do you disable a particular product update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you disable a particular product update?: I've asked this question before but yesterday really bit me bad. I always manually update my nVidia graphics driver whenever a new one becomes available because there are some features I don't use, like VR. Yesterday, I was trying to install the newest driver, 382.19, but...