Windows 10: How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box?

Discus and support How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 21H1 19043.1052 Hi, I've just tried a search for a document launched from the taskbar search box, choosing 'Search in File Explorer'. File explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Jun 23, 2021.

1. dalchina Win User

How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box?

21H1 19043.1052 Hi, I've just tried a search for a document launched from the taskbar search box, choosing 'Search in File Explorer'. File explorer opens, and the dreaded green progress bar starts to creep across as expected. Now, I wish to cancel that search. But I find I can't. I've - clicked x in the search box. - clicked 'Close Search' in the ribbon. The green progress bar continues remorselessly... Yet if I start my search in file explorer I can stop the search. Can you confirm this - and offer a way out other than closing file explorer? Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jun 23, 2021
  3. No search box on taskbar How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box? :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2021
  4. How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box?

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box?

1. How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box? - Similar Threads - stop search explorer

2. How do you remove the tiny scrollbar in the file explorer search box?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you remove the tiny scrollbar in the file explorer search box?: Maybe I am crazy but I haven't seen this until a few months ago. I find it very annoying is there anyway to disable that particular scrollbar individually without disabling anything else?...
  3. Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search box - temp hide/disable (not taskbar search).: Reading elsewhere it seems that the idea of wanting to hide/disable the Explorer search box is stupid .... I have multiple duplicates from years of being paranoid (copies of backups and vice versa). Now housekeeping "extreme". On my 1920x1080 screen even with navigation pane...
  4. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  5. Search box on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  6. How do you revert to the old search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you revert to the old search box?: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-to-revert-to-the-old-search-box.277040/ Basically I'm having the same problem as this person. I signed in to my microsoft account and now it's switched to this new design submitted by /u/Lurkers_of_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  7. How do you disable Bing from the taskbar search?

How do you disable Bing from the taskbar search?: I had this disabled previously through an old registry edit I had found, but with the Cortana change in 2004, typing in the search bar brings up Bing search results again. I was going to post this in the weekly question thread, but there isn't one for some reason. submitted...
  8. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  9. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"
  10. Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.

Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just cleaned up my keyboard like 10 minutes ago and forgot to unplug my keyboard because I am a very smart person. Long story short, I pressed all kinds of keys while cleaning. Now I got the search bar that also exists in the file explorer on my taskbar...