Windows 10: How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over...

Discus and support How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I hover over the Settings icon, for example, it expands the left column to display the word "Settings" next to the icon. I don't need/want this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SigmaTheDJ, Nov 12, 2019.

1. How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over...

If I hover over the Settings icon, for example, it expands the left column to display the word "Settings" next to the icon. I don't need/want this functionality, but I can't see how to turn it off. Is there a way? Thanks.

submitted by /u/SigmaTheDJ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SigmaTheDJ, Nov 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 start menu can't expand left part

Why isn't it possible to expand the left part of the start menu in Windows 10? You would think that the "All apps" menu is the one you want to be able to expand since it contains all apps so you won't have to scroll through it.

BlackPetey, Nov 12, 2019
  3. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter)

Thanks in advance.

NewYears1978, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over...

Expand the start menu (left side)

If you use the Start Menu 'Full Screen', it gets a little wider/bigger:

How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over... [​IMG]

How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over... [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over...

1. How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over... - Similar Threads - stop left part

2. Windows 11- how do you remove the multitask suggestions when you hover over the corner of a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- how do you remove the multitask suggestions when you hover over the corner of a...: My HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 came with Windows 11 preinstalled, and now whenever I hover over the corner of a window, it shows a giant box of suggestions for multitasking. It looks like this picture below. How do I turn this off? It's annoying and I don't need it. Thanks....
  3. How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering: Hello, When I open the start menu in Windows 10, I can expand the left tab of start menu labeled as "Start" by hovering mouse pointer. How can I disable this? It annoys me. Best Regards Parsa Mohammadi...
  4. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: It is incredibly annoying that it jumps back and forth and it does right at the moment when I usually click on it. I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/...
  5. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  6. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

8. how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?: how do I stop the start menu from automatically expanding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-start-menu-from-automatically/00396709-c79b-4848-a9a3-c71a138866f7
  9. Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it

Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it: Click on start button. Move mouse up to menu. Mouse pointer briefly turns to spinning circle. Menu closes automatically. Same problem occurs for Notification menu. Same problem occurs if you right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, Settings window opens. Hover mouse...
  10. How do you widen the left side of start menu?

How do you widen the left side of start menu?: Well with windows 10 and all of it's new and in a lot of cases annoying features is the new start menu layout where the important part of the start menu is thin as hell and the right side is unimportant. So how does one make the left side wider so it will list full names...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start hamberger menu expands when hovering windows 10

2. stop start menu icons expanding

3. hovering over start menu expands it

4. how to stop icons on left of start menu from expanding