Windows 10: How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've followed the advice from Microsoft and uninstalled the display drivers multiple times and nothing changed. I watched youtube videos many of which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EnHodge, Mar 25, 2020.

1. EnHodge Win User

How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10?

I've followed the advice from Microsoft and uninstalled the display drivers multiple times and nothing changed. I watched youtube videos many of which shared the same advice. Now I am about to restore my computer to factory settings, but I am worried about some apps I have to use for work may be lost and due to the shelter in place orders I can't go to the office and have the tech dept re-install. Do you have any suggestions?

I am currently waiting for the computer to create a recovery drive just in case I have the nerves to try the factory reset. This computer display is causing me to develop a headache from the continuous flickering.

Thanks for any help!

:)

EnHodge, Mar 25, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 25, 2020
  4. How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10?

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10?

1. How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop screen flickering

2. How do you screen shot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you screen shot?: How do you screen shot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-screen-shot/84a35ab1-3be6-4d85-be92-fe66fdd81cf7
  3. how do you stop this from happening with each startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you stop this from happening with each startup?: 123456 [ATTACH]12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-this-from-happening-with-each/81f8824a-b809-4c64-a14c-973c1ff2b9f7"
  4. How do I stop monitor flickering?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I stop monitor flickering?: I've recently updated my Windows 7 on ACER desktop to Windows 10 pro 32 bit. The upgrade itself took ages and after a successful update, the Windows function were not available. So i decided to restart in case it fixed the problem. And now as i try to open it, the windows...
  5. How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds: monitor screen flickers every 60 seconds like clockwork. Desktop. It flashes, rather than flickers. It happens when I am on the internet, or on WORD, anytime. The mouse also jumps at that moment - becomes unstable. I have seen something online about drivers and so on,...
  6. How do you stop a loop?

in Cortana
    How do you stop a loop?: On my Lenovo tablet, Cortana keeps asking me to say various things over and over. I cannot shut off the tablet. I have been waiting for my battery to run out and then maybe Cortana will get lost. I have the circle on the upper left corner and then what I am supposed to...
  7. How do you stop Windows 10 from rebooting while working on VMs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you stop Windows 10 from rebooting while working on VMs?: So I run VMs (VMware) off my Windows 10 Host OS, Win10 updates and reboots regardless if my VMs are running and regardless of how much data i'll loose due to this stupid oversight... per the update settings it shouldn't reboot as I've still got programs running in VMs. Does...
  8. How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you stop windows 10 from updating during active hours?: This frequently happens while writing a paper or in the middle of a game. It seems like windows does not understand active hours and what is happening at that moment it decides to start an update. I have changed the hours to see if a change will get it to work properly....
  9. How to stop "How Do You Want To Open This"

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop "How Do You Want To Open This": I have Win10Pro (upgraded in place from Win8.1Pro) and every time I click on a link in an email, I get the "How Do You Want To Open This" dialog box. I always click on Internet Explorer and I always check the box "Always use this app" but I still get this dialog popping up...
  10. Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!: I really need assistance with this crazy flickering screen, posting pictures of what I have done. Nothing has stopped this, I am wondering if there is something loose? between the screen and keyboard Attachment 122029Attachment 122030Attachment 122031Attachment 122032 77653

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop flickering screen windows 10