Windows 10: How do you stop whole line selection

Discus and support How do you stop whole line selection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for the most part I'm only using Visual Studio 2015. I'm using a Window 10 machine remote desktop into a server. the compiler resides on the server.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnIsaacks, Dec 27, 2018.

1. How do you stop whole line selection

for the most part I'm only using Visual Studio 2015.

I'm using a Window 10 machine remote desktop into a server.

the compiler resides on the server.

I double click on a variable like "Reader" trying to copy it's name.

var Reader = xxx;

but when I paste, instead of just getting "Reader" I get

var Reader = xxx;

I did not see the whole line as selected, I only see Reader selected. There seems to be some ultra-light highlighting of the whole line.

it doesn't matter to me that I could change the highlighting to be blood red so I can see it when the line is selected

It's a 99.9% chance I don't want the whole line selected.

Does anyone know how to only double click select a word instead of a line?

If I could disable the line selection for all of time it would be great.

:)

JohnIsaacks, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How do you stop whole line selection :)

3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Dec 27, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

How do you stop whole line selection

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

How do you stop whole line selection

1. How do you stop whole line selection - Similar Threads - stop whole line

2. Sometimes a thick blue line appears accross the top of the whole taskbar, how do I stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes a thick blue line appears accross the top of the whole taskbar, how do I stop...: I'm on windows 10. It seems to happen when I accidentally press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard but I'm not sure what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-a-thick-blue-line-appears-accross-the/7f8f2fce-3d59-48a5-b931-f2f1f874e3e3
  3. Sometimes a thick blue line appears accross the top of the whole taskbar, how do I stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes a thick blue line appears accross the top of the whole taskbar, how do I stop...: I'm on windows 10. It seems to happen when I accidentally press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard but I'm not sure what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-a-thick-blue-line-appears-accross-the/7f8f2fce-3d59-48a5-b931-f2f1f874e3e3
  4. Sometimes a thick blue line appears accross the top of the whole taskbar, how do I stop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Selecting text" anywhere on my computer software. Only selects the whole line of text with...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Selecting text" anywhere on my computer software. Only selects the whole line of text with...: Hi, I am having trouble selecting text word-by-word. I can only select whole lines or paragraphs by ONLY clicking three times. I have no choice and this makes it difficult editing work like placing BOLD on certain words or underlining or cut and paste sentinces....
  6. How do you stop Window IO from selecting text?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you stop Window IO from selecting text?: Its been annoying me that i cant even click on anything without it highlighting the text how do i turn this feature off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-window-io-from-selecting-text/428563b4-e774-478f-bb3f-7928f1a5c636
  7. How do you print via command line?

How do you print via command line?: I can't figure out how to properly use the print command.Here's my printer information: [ATTACH] How should I modify the example from the Microsoft Docs page, "print /d:\\copyroom\printer1 c:\accounting\report.txt" to print a file? This doesn't work, "print...
  8. Triple Click does not select the whole line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple Click does not select the whole line: I am new in Win10. I've found that mouse triple-click does not work in windows explorer. For example then I want to select the whole route of a file in the file explorer "adress bar". Double click select a word, but triple click just selects-deselects the word. I have to end...
  9. How do you stop a loop?

in Cortana
    How do you stop a loop?: On my Lenovo tablet, Cortana keeps asking me to say various things over and over. I cannot shut off the tablet. I have been waiting for my battery to run out and then maybe Cortana will get lost. I have the circle on the upper left corner and then what I am supposed to...
  10. HOW DO YOU PUT A PRINTER ON LINE

HOW DO YOU PUT A PRINTER ON LINE: DUH..MY PRINTER IS OFFLINE...HOW DO I PUT IT ONLINE???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-put-a-printer-on-line/86428b2a-a80a-4730-ac92-acd4b0cae390