Windows 10: How do you stop Windows 10 from rebooting while working on VMs?

Discus and support How do you stop Windows 10 from rebooting while working on VMs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I run VMs (VMware) off my Windows 10 Host OS, Win10 updates and reboots regardless if my VMs are running and regardless of how much data i'll loose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottV10, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ScottV10 Win User

How do you stop Windows 10 from rebooting while working on VMs?

So I run VMs (VMware) off my Windows 10 Host OS, Win10 updates and reboots regardless if my VMs are running and regardless of how much data i'll loose due to this stupid oversight... per the update settings it shouldn't reboot as I've still got programs running in VMs.

Does anyone know of a way to force the host OS to stop rebooting if a VM is running?

:)

ScottV10, Dec 20, 2018

2. GPU-Z kills windows 10 VM

Hello there,
    when I run gpu-z on VM running vgpu (M60 or K2 grid) VM crash and restarts itself.

GPU: nvidia grid M60 | nvidia grid K2
    GPU-Z release: 1.14~1.17
    Issue: windows crash in VM and it won't power on.
    How to reproduce: Run gpu-z in a windows 10 VM with (M60 or K2 grid) vgpu, VM restarts instantly without any progress

Please check and release fix for this issue.

Here is the dumpfile for gpu-z: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsekped8who5ziz/GPU-Z.1.17.0.DMP

Thanks,

Minion Flowthroe, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you stop Windows 10 from rebooting while working on VMs? - Similar Threads - stop rebooting while

2. How do I stop windows from rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from rebooting?: Hi,How do I stop Windows 10 Professional from rebooting? I need to prevent Microsoft Windows from rebooting after updates and in general.I have projects that need to stay open for months and months that are performing data collection and analysis. I paid for Microsoft Windows...
  3. How do I stop windows from rebooting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop windows from rebooting?: Hi,How do I stop Windows 10 Professional from rebooting? I need to prevent Microsoft Windows from rebooting after updates and in general.I have projects that need to stay open for months and months that are performing data collection and analysis. I paid for Microsoft Windows...
  4. How do I stop windows from rebooting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do you stop windows from downloading drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you stop windows from downloading drivers: I already installed a newer driver version directly from Intel but windows downloaded an older version by itself, how do you stop windows from doing this?...
  6. How do you stop windows from downloading drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you stop windows from downloading drivers: I already installed a newer driver version directly from Intel but windows downloaded an older version by itself, how do you stop windows from doing this?...
  7. How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you stop the screen from flickering in Windows 10?: I've followed the advice from Microsoft and uninstalled the display drivers multiple times and nothing changed. I watched youtube videos many of which shared the same advice. Now I am about to restore my computer to factory settings, but I am worried about some apps I have...
  8. How do you reboot Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you reboot Windows 10?: Dear Sir/Madam, The Laptop bought recently Windows 10 worked a few months ago and does not work now. When I switch it on it appears but does not respond. I tried touching the keyboard nothing happens. The On light is blue there is a sound but no response. Do not know...
  9. how do you stop the background music from playing while watching TV?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you stop the background music from playing while watching TV?: how do you stop the background music from playing while watching TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-the-background-music-from-playing/109d7af3-a775-4125-97da-7acb30e5fb6f
  10. How to stop Win10 from updating itself while you are working?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Win10 from updating itself while you are working?: I just had a most unpleasant experience with Windows 10, I would like to find out how to prevent it from happening in the future. I was in the middle of typing up a long album description in Picasa when Windows decided to just reboot to install updates. There was no option to...