Windows 10: How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate...

Discus and support How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I already have antivirus software and even thought I have turned Windows Defender off via Settings, the Defender Anti-Spyware still is running; I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickCovich, Sep 19, 2018.

1. How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate...

I already have antivirus software and even thought I have turned Windows Defender off via Settings, the Defender Anti-Spyware still is running; I have tried to disable via Services but it is 'grayed' out.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

:)

PatrickCovich, Sep 19, 2018
  2. OOTay Win User

Anti virus, Trojan's and Spyware.

Hmmm, I use AVG Email Server Antivirus, Zonealarm Pro, and many many spyware programs... The best one being BPS Anti-Spyware. Ad-aware SE is just garbage now, but if you want spyware protection with out nothing running i suggest using Spyware Blaster. Heres a list of great programs that i use and i think are some are the best. Pest Patrol, Spyware Doctor, Spybot, Bazooka, Spyware Blaster, and BPS Anti-Spyware. Those are really great anti-spyware programs. Oh and the new Zonealarm Pro I dont like at all becuase it alerts you about everything even if you turn alerts off so i use version 6.0.667.000 which is one of the best newer ones.

OOTay, Sep 19, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 19, 2018
  4. pjfarr Win User

How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate...

Windows Defender service stops randomly

Suddenly the Windows Defender service keeps turning itself off. I haven't detected a pattern leading to the behavior yet, it just seems to happen randomly. I'll glance down at the icon in the systray and see the red "x". I double-click it, then hit the "Restart" button in the Defender window to get the green checkmark back. Sometimes I open "Services.msc" and will see it's marked as "stopped". I can right-click and restart it that way. In the services list it's set to start automatically and if I open properties all the options are greyed out.

Opening Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance it shows Windows Defender is turned on, even when the tray icon has the red "x" and it's marked as stopped in service.msc. If I click on "View installed anti-virus apps" it shows McAffee Anti-Virus and Spyware, but it's set to "Off" and Windows Defender Antivirus set to "On". I didn't install the McAffee stuff, I'm pretty sure it came pre-installed and has been there a while without causing problems. Essentially, the red "x" and Services.msc says the service is stopped, but the Security and Maintenance window says it's on. I can run a scan no problem.

Tried running SFC and rebooting. Didn't help.

What the what is this nonsense?

This is an HP Envy laptop running Win10x64.

pjfarr, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate...

1. How do you stop Windows Defender Anti-Spyware to stop running, in fact how can I eliminate... - Similar Threads - stop Defender Anti

2. How to stop Antimalware spyware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Antimalware spyware?: When I have video calls, when it's hot in the room, your f*cking spyware collect info 4-5 times daily and send it to your CIA-NSA masters even if it is stopped in the System settings.How to stop American spyware? I don't need your antimalware and other NSA tools. How to stop...
  3. How to stop Antimalware spyware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Antimalware spyware?: When I have video calls, when it's hot in the room, your f*cking spyware collect info 4-5 times daily and send it to your CIA-NSA masters even if it is stopped in the System settings.How to stop American spyware? I don't need your antimalware and other NSA tools. How to stop...
  4. How to stop Antimalware spyware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?: HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-bios-update-from-running-and/91921e5b-bfa9-4728-a0bb-0d7aab1a1e2b
  6. HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?: HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-bios-update-from-running-and/91921e5b-bfa9-4728-a0bb-0d7aab1a1e2b
  7. How can i stop false positives in Windows defender?

How can i stop false positives in Windows defender?: I have done some research but i cant find how to stop these false positives there names are win32/hive.zy.So if someone would please help me than i would appreciate it....
  8. Anti Spyware and Windows Defender

Anti Spyware and Windows Defender: Hello, I have been paying for Malwarebytes virus protection for a few years now on my personal computer and it has always work alongside Windows Defender. Recently, I keep getting the notification that the Defender app isnt turned on and that I need to install an...
  9. How do you stop a loop?

in Cortana
    How do you stop a loop?: On my Lenovo tablet, Cortana keeps asking me to say various things over and over. I cannot shut off the tablet. I have been waiting for my battery to run out and then maybe Cortana will get lost. I have the circle on the upper left corner and then what I am supposed to...
  10. How can I completely stop Windows Defender?

How can I completely stop Windows Defender?: I have Windows Defender shut off, but it seems to still want to run. I keep getting a pop up from my WinPatrol program that WD wants to run at startup. I click the reject button but it keeps coming back. I fear it could be interfering with Macrium Reflect somehow because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i stop windows defender from running on internet explorer

2. how can u stop spyware

3. Can windows defender eliminate all traces of internet searches?

4. malware stops windows defender from running,
  5. how do you stop windows defender from running