Windows 10: How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'?

Discus and support How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows keeps closing Minecraft whenever it stop responding for a bit. Minecraft was just rendering some of the terrain with a little lag spike. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware, Nov 16, 2020.

1. How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'?

Windows keeps closing Minecraft whenever it stop responding for a bit. Minecraft was just rendering some of the terrain with a little lag spike. This is absolutely getting infuriating, as I have to wait for 15-20 minutes just to load Minecraft, because off my HDD

submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Got69TypesOfMalware, Nov 16, 2020

2. Unable to close a Program that is not responding in Windows 10

While playing videos games i am constantly running into an issue where the game stops responding (Ex: Fallout 3 through Steam) I realize this has to do with A: The game not being compatible with Win 10 and B: Possibly some Mods i have active. However here
    is the dilemma: When it stops responding i cannot end the program. My only option is to restart the entire computer. When i pull up the task manager it is inaccessible behind the black screen of the now frozen program. I have waited hoping windows will close
    it for me, but it will not. Any suggestions on how to close the program without having to do a full reboot every time?

JoshuaBrody, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Certain Programs Stop responding.

Started off with CCC starting to stop responding and I not being able to launch it.

Then I uninstalled CCC then installed Driver Sweeper ran it in safe mode (To reinstall CCC Drivers) went to launch Driver Sweeper and I get the messaged that it too stops responding at launch.

So I reboot to normal windows try launching it from there same thing.

So I go to check Event Viewer and then I get another Stops Responding so it too won't launch.

The sad thing is this is a 2 day old Windows 7 Fresh install fully updated with SP1.

I am OCing so perahps this is due to OC? I was playing BF3 and launching programs just fine.

But before all this I did leave my PC on and when I came back I had several errors appear with Aero off (Default Win 95 UI on). (Don't recall the errors didn't think much of them at the time)

Could this Be failing memory or bad Mem OC? 1850mhz @ 9-9-9 for 1600mhz Ripjaws.

AphexDreamer, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Erhy Win User

How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'?

how to accelerate dialog not responding - close program

I tried the first alternative with reboot, but no change

- - - Updated - - -

now I tried it with gpedit
    and it works with:

How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'? [​IMG]

Thema:

How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'?

1. How do you stop Windows from closing a 'not responding program'? - Similar Threads - stop closing 'not

2. how do you stop windows 11 from suspending programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop windows 11 from suspending programs?: hey im trying to play FH5 a game published by Microsoft and noticed why i was stuck on the loading screen because windows keeps pausing a critical program that syncs the data. any help would be appreciated....
  3. how do you stop windows 11 from suspending programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you stop windows 11 from suspending programs?: hey im trying to play FH5 a game published by Microsoft and noticed why i was stuck on the loading screen because windows keeps pausing a critical program that syncs the data. any help would be appreciated....
  4. Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed: I have been seeing this message innumerable times, for more than a year. I'd like to know why and how to stop it. It is surely relevant that I cannot find Microsoft Outlook on my computer, and that I have never installed Microsoft Office or any of its components. My word...
  5. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  6. Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed": Performance Monitor shows this happening several times a week. Repeatedly.I don't find Microsoft Outlook among installed apps or programs.Is there some way to either remove it from my system--or to prevent these "crashes"?From Performance Monitor:A problem caused this program...
  7. How Do You Stop Programs From Running Elevated Automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do You Stop Programs From Running Elevated Automatically: [ATTACH] As you can see from the screenshot, almost all of my tasks in the 'Details' section of Task Manager are running as 'Elevated' which means 'Running as Admin' as far as I know. More outside of this screenshot running Admin by themselves too. Normally this doesn't...
  8. How do you stop windows from opening a new instance of a program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you stop windows from opening a new instance of a program?: This has to be a Windows setting somewhere. So, I have a graphics program that I’m running (runs on several computers all with same hardware software versions), and when I click on a file to open in said graphics program, it wants to open a new instance of the program instead...
  9. how to accelerate dialog not responding - close program

in Windows 10 Support
    how to accelerate dialog not responding - close program: Hello! Very often I use Canon Digital Professional. I am satisfied with, but if I want to shut down the application I end up in the dialog "dialog not responding - close program" and the message, that an error report will be created. This costs 5 seconds and more. Is it...
  10. Windows 10 Problem: stopped responding and was closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Problem: stopped responding and was closed: Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 Application Name: svchost.exe Application Version: 10.0.17134.1 Application Timestamp:...