Windows 10: How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings

Discus and support How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, Would anyone be able to advise how i turn on 'grayed out' Volume & Network settings on windows 10 updated HP PC please? [img] Best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fella1, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Fella1 Win User

How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings

Hi folks,

Would anyone be able to advise how i turn on 'grayed out' Volume & Network settings on windows 10 updated HP PC please?

How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings [​IMG]

Best regards,

:)

Fella1, Aug 22, 2015

2. How do i fix the grayed out bluetooth switch?

i have windows 10 & a dell laptop

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

jaysosweet, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Jato72 Win User
    How do i fix the grayed out bluetooth switch?

I'm running Windows 10 on an HP ProBook 4430s, and am having the same problem.

My bluetooth drivers say they are up to date......I am NOT in airplane mode.

How about some suggestions please, I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance

JT

Jato72, Aug 22, 2015
  4. hiphopper Win User

I think in general these get grayed out if Windows doesn't recognize the devices associated with those icons. If you open Device manager do you see problems for you Sound or Network devices? Do those systems work? In other words, do have network access and are you hearing normal system sounds?

hiphopper, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Fella1 Win User
    Thanks for your reply hiphopper - silly question, where can i locate Device Manager on a PC witich has Windows 10 installed?

Cheers

Fella1, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Harpert Win User
    you should see THIS PC on your dektop
    RIghtclick and Properties
    Device manager

good luck

Harpert, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Fella1 Win User
    Thank you for your guidence Harpert,

I think Windows 10 is the source of my migraine.

I've tried both suggestions but to no avail.

Thanks for your efforts anyway guys.

Fella1, Aug 22, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Aug 22, 2015
  9. Fella1 Win User
    Hi brummyfan,

Thank you for your knowledge, but my system doesn't seem to like 'gpedit.msc'.

Think it's prob best to put this all in the too hard basket.

Really appreciate everyone's time & effort.

Cheers

Fella1, Aug 22, 2015
  10. brummyfan Win User
    I am sorry that I fail to notice that you have Win 10 and unfortunately group policy editor enabled in Pro and upwards*Redface

brummyfan, Aug 23, 2015
  11. Fella1 Win User
    It's all good my friend - disappointments are inevitable, but misery is option. Enjoy your day.

Fella1, Aug 23, 2015
  12. AddRAM Win User
    As asked are the 2 items working ?

What does it look like down in the taskbar ?

Attachment 33478

AddRAM, Aug 23, 2015
  13. Fella1 Win User

task bar looks as follows

Fella1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you switch on windows 10 ,grayed out, settings - Similar Threads - switch grayed settings

2. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  3. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  4. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  5. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...
  6. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Windows Defender settings are grayed out: hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really...
  7. Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu

Grayed Out Settings In Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, I am using Windows 10 education 1809 but i have faced a problem as all settings that suggest something are grayed out such as (Show suggestions occasionally in Start)(Show me suggested contact in the Settings app)(show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  8. Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings

Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings: Not sure - but my code work a while back with no problems. It seems after a while MS changes something and I am unable to lock down the proxy like before. Anyways, I need to be able to gray out the proxy settings for both limit and administrator accounts. In the registry I...
  9. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...
  10. Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out: Hi guys, I've been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and I was looking to get Cortana to work. However, Cortana tells me that I need to allow it to access contacts. I clicked settings and I saw that all the settings were on, but were grayed out. [img] When I take a...