Windows 10: How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)?

Discus and support How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All I've just successfully built and set up a new PC for the first time. The thing I have not been able to do is transfer my wife's Windows 10 Mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sticky Fingers, Mar 4, 2019.

1. How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)?

Hi All
    I've just successfully built and set up a new PC for the first time. The thing I have not been able to do is transfer my wife's Windows 10 Mail address book (or whatever it's called now) from the old PC to the shiny new one . I cannot seam to find any coherent help on the interweb so I turn to the vast font of knowledge that I'm sure exists on this forum. Please Help.

:)

Sticky Fingers, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)? :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

suggest you learn about your products before answering these questions, try reading my answer to this question, the address book for the new Mail client is hidden in system files, the old contact list that we all would like to use cannot be used by the new
    Mail app, it only picks up email addresses that we either have already replied to or send to manually, so to add to the address book all of my previously used contacts I need to manualy imput their address in to TO box & send them an email then that address
    will store, there is no import address book contacts for this app or even an link to the address book, so it is rubbish, suggest you pass this on to someone higher up, & respond to me when you have built in an Import/export & accessible address book, until
    then I will use a decent & simple email client like Thunderbird.

Lastmanjack, Mar 4, 2019
  4. How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)?

Windows 10 Mail address book

how to get to windows 10 address book

AVEDISAVEDISIAN, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)?

1. How do you Transfer a Windows Mail Address book (or equivalent)? - Similar Threads - Transfer Mail Address

2. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Address book in Mail with 2 accounts: Hi, I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts. when I start new message and click address book button I see contacts only from second account. It doesn't matter which account I choose in...
  3. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail: How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-address-book-into-windows-10-mail/50679e8d-556c-4074-99dd-aec7fa5b72ea
  4. Windows 10 mail address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail address book: Where do you go in Windows 10 mail to add, delete or edit info in your address book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-address-book/739db86f-c162-48cb-8c71-1840f7ae5de2
  5. windows live mail , address book problem .

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail , address book problem .: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 10.0.18362 , windows live mail I am having a problem with windows live mail , address book : I have no "Contacts" Folder or Button after login outlook.live.com/mail/ . How do I find it ? Thanx 154578
  6. how do I add addresses to my address book?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I add addresses to my address book?: take me to my address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-addresses-to-my-address-book/6afc86a8-d89c-48ab-83c6-38857b4bf600"
  7. how do I notify my address book that I am changing my e-mail address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I notify my address book that I am changing my e-mail address: how do I notify my address book that I am changing my e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-notify-my-address-book-that-i-am-changing/112cb94a-14b1-492b-8504-27fedd2dcc67"
  8. Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book: I have a very strange issue with the Windows 10 Mail Address Book (People). I made an error in an entry (reversed two numbers). I selected Edit and corrected the entry. Then when I entered the first letter in a new email, BOTH addresses appeared and I had to choose the...
  9. Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?: Starting our on Win 10. Problems ongoing with Thunderbird after many years of good use so trying out the Mail which comes with Win10. First thing is to address mail but I can't see any contacts/address bk/or other list of contacts. Is this intentional? are contacts stores...
  10. Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail for Windows 10 Address Book - How to zap People name?: I HAD in my People Address Book a contact John Smith xy@gmail.com mail sent using this addess bounced and realised using incorrect address Now deleted L: xy@gmail.com from People Address Book and replaced with correct address ..so now I HAVE John Smith yx@gmail.com...