Windows 10: How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS

Discus and support How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I record videos with OBS and then trim the videos but they always go down to 30 FPS when I trim them. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xMasterMelonx, Nov 19, 2020.

1. How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS

I record videos with OBS and then trim the videos but they always go down to 30 FPS when I trim them. Is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xMasterMelonx, Nov 19, 2020

2. Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original

Greetings,

I used 'open with -- Photos' to trim a video recorded at 60/59.92 FPS.

The trimmed product is reduced to 30 FPS.

Is there any way to retain the original FPS but use Photos to trim it?

Thank you.

CalvaryZender, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Marine967 Win User
    Video trimming capped at 30 fps

Whenever i try to trim a video using Photos, the trimmed one is always capped at 30fps even though the original is 60fps. Is there anyway to increase the cap to 60fps or remove it altogether?

Marine967, Nov 19, 2020
  4. How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS

Trimmed video doesn't save at correct framerate

When trimming a video on either the Photos or Movies & TV apps, the new video doesn't preserve the framerate of the original video; it seems to go down to 30 fps. The Photos app would be really great for trimming short video game clips (usually at 60fps
    or greater) without using a more complicated editor that would take longer to render, but unfortunately Photos just doesn't preserve the smoother framerates. Adding a small option to the editor to choose between preserving the original framerate or going down
    to 30fps would be greatly appreciated while not making the app too complicated, in my opinion. Some other rendering options could even be added, such as downscaling to a lower resolution.

UnknownStuffs, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS

1. How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS - Similar Threads - trim videos without

2. Lower fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps: So after resetting my laptop it has been giving me lower fps than before resetting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-fps/c63767ed-f9d1-415b-9e0e-9a06c53d49a5
  3. Lower fps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower fps: So after resetting my laptop it has been giving me lower fps than before resetting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-fps/c63767ed-f9d1-415b-9e0e-9a06c53d49a5
  4. Trim FPS in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  5. Trim FPS in Photos

Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  6. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming a video: I am trying to trim a video down in Microsoft photos but every time I click "save as" I get the below messageI can trim and edit the other videos in that same file without issue but this last one will not work. I have shut down and restarted my PC and left it a couple of...
  7. fps lower than it should be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps lower than it should be: I'm having a problem where my fps is lower as it should be on a good pc. For example, in League of Legends, I'm having low fps -55ms. I don't know why. On my old pc which is gtx 960, I'm having almost 200fps. Now, my pc is new, this is the specs: Ryzen 5 2400G 8GB RAM...
  8. Trimming a video

Trimming a video: I have a video that is 424 MB and slightly too long. I want to trim it and upload to Vimeo where there is a 500MB limit. I trimmed the length in Photos app and I ended up with it the right length but the file had enlarged to 528MB. I then installed MS Simple Video Trim &...
  9. I want to trim my videos in a folder, but videos are capped at 30 fps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to trim my videos in a folder, but videos are capped at 30 fps.: When i play games, I use Nvidia shadowplay to save 2 minutes and 30 seconds of what just happened in 60 fps. Sometimes this is to much, and i just want to trim the video down to say 30 seconds. When i do that in the standard video editior in the Film & TV app, it caps the...
  10. Video trimming capped at 30 fps

Video trimming capped at 30 fps: Whenever i try to trim a video using Photos, the trimmed one is always capped at 30fps even though the original is 60fps. Is there anyway to increase the cap to 60fps or remove it altogether?...