Windows 10: How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks

Discus and support How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard? There are many open applications and rebooting was not yet performed. All keys make clicking noises but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Feb 26, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks

How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard?

There are many open applications and rebooting was not yet performed.

All keys make clicking noises but none display characters.

The function key with F9 will increase and F10 decrease the display brightness.

The mouse works without problems.

There are other notebooks available but no external keyboard.

What trobleshooting steps are available that would not require a reboot?

The HP hardware diagnostics was launched and none of the keys register, not even the function and F9 and F10 keys. So the HP hardware diagnostics is not able to detect some of the working function keys. Another troubleshooting option is needed.

:)

zbook, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks

1. How do you troubleshoot a notebook keyboard that only clicks - Similar Threads - troubleshoot notebook keyboard

2. how How do I unsubscribe from questions and answers? You say to click on the question...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how How do I unsubscribe from questions and answers? You say to click on the question...: how to unsubscribe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-questions-and/aeb0dc3d-8af5-43d2-a38d-6a4d49e43b18
  3. How do I permanently delete the keyboard driver from my notebook?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I permanently delete the keyboard driver from my notebook?: Hello! I've recently spilt coffee all over my Notebook, but thankfully it still works - except for when the keyboard is activated. It makes the PC very buggy and unusable, that's why I want to permanently disable the keyboard. I've tried several things already: -...
  4. How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to troubleshoot a notebook comp with recurrent dropped connections: This notebook computer is next to multiple computers and has had recent problems remaining connected to the internet. There are no problems with the other computers on wifi or ethernet. They are all within 7 feet of a range extender and 15 feet from a network box. The...
  5. what do you offer with a backlit keyboard

what do you offer with a backlit keyboard: what computer laptops are offered with a backlit keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-you-offer-with-a-backlit-keyboard/db7a90c5-4162-41d1-8fd3-6eb1859c93b6
  6. Keyboard P2Standar Toshiba Notebook

Keyboard P2Standar Toshiba Notebook: I cannot type @. I have tried Ctrl Alt 2 and has not result I have tried Shift 2 and neither. Can someone help me, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-p2standar-toshiba-notebook/c1a7ab94-ab79-43d0-b130-ad3f51bbc1ca
  7. When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?

When switching from a desktop to a laptop, How do you do a right click on the mouse?: How is a right click mouse done on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-switching-from-a-desktop-to-a-laptop-how-do/bed47d8e-2ee6-47ec-a87e-33736f493375
  8. How do you change to one of your other keyboards?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you change to one of your other keyboards?: So i have English and Mandarin Chinese as my keyboards in Settings->Languages. My default keyboard is English. How do you switch to your other keyboard? Thanks in advance...
  9. Right Click Troubleshoot Compatibility

Right Click Troubleshoot Compatibility: Done the reg edit to remove Troubleshoot Compatibility from the context menu. It worked except on MsOffice 2010 desktop icons. They still show the entry. Any idea on how to remove it? Ron 65005
  10. How to disable only the main keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable only the main keyboard?: Hi to everyone, I have a broken keyboard that writes itself, starts the uppercase without warning etc ...I would like to use the keyboard attached via USB cable which is fine, but the main pc keyboard keeps giving me trouble even if I don't touch it. How can I disable it and...