Windows 10: How do you uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?

Discus and support How do you uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a new version of Windows 10, where I cannot remove Microsoft Edge via Powershell. I don't want to use Edge, because Edge doesn't give me crypto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KurdistanNewsMod, Apr 14, 2020.

1. How do you uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?

I have a new version of Windows 10, where I cannot remove Microsoft Edge via Powershell. I don't want to use Edge, because Edge doesn't give me crypto for the ads.

I tried using Windows Powershell and also tried renaming the folder in order to try to get rid of Edge. But both methods didn't work.

Is there any way to uninstall Edge from a new version of Windows 10?

submitted by /u/KurdistanNewsMod
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KurdistanNewsMod, Apr 14, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 14, 2020
  4. How do you uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?

How to disable or uninstall Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

UPDATE AUGUST 2018: Microsoft keeps changing things a bit, but you can still "Disable" the Edge browser by doing the following:

1. Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys and tap the delete key, then click on Task Manager.
    2. If it says "More details" at the bottom of the Task Manager window, click on it to show more details.
    3. Scroll down the list and look for "Microsoft Edge". If you find it in the list, right click on it and select "End task".
    4. Now, open File Explorer and find the folder "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" and rename that folder to anything you wish. (I normally just append some text to it like "_remove" so I can easily re-enable Edge in the future if I desire.)

Edge should now be "disabled".

Keep in mind that Microsoft may try to re-enable Edge during a future update...

THE ANSWERS BELOW ARE OLDER ANSWERS...

UPDATE: In January 2017 I disabled Edge on a new Windows 10 install by simply renaming the "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" folder. (If you are asked to allow administrator privileges be sure to answer in the affirmative.) Renaming this folder was not possible in the past without following the more detailed steps below. This much simpler approach achieves the exact same results as the more complex instructions below! However, for older installations and/or Windows upgrades the below instructions may still be the only answer.

THE ANSWER BELOW THIS LINE IS THE OLDER ANSWER...

As already stated, the other answers are no longer valid due to changes in Windows 10 -- Microsoft has removed all supported methods for disabling Edge. As of today, this answer still works. Although parts of this answer were given, not all of it was given together in a step by step manner.

• Go to: C:\Windows\SystemApps\
    • Open folder Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    • Right click on MicrosoftEdge file then Properties / Security / Advanced / Click Change (next to owner) and change to your username, then click OK
    • Then Click Edit, then add your username and give full permissions
    • Rename MicrosoftEdge file to MicrosoftEdge_remove or a name of your choice
    • Repeat all above steps for file MicrosoftEdgeCP also
    • Done! Edge will not run!

Been running Windows 10 Pro like this on 100+ PCs for several months without issues.

A NOTE REGARDING WINDOWS ANNIVERSARY UPDATE: The Anniversary update appears to undo the above changes and re-enable Edge. In my case I just ran the above steps again, and Edge is once again disabled.

Joe Gayetty, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

How do you uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10?

1. How do you uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - uninstall Microsoft Edge

2. How do you uninstall Microsoft live wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you uninstall Microsoft live wallpaper?: I got Microsoft live wallpaper for a cool wallpaper but then I found something better and I want to uninstall Microsoft live wallpaper now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-uninstall-microsoft-live-wallpaper/59f7d090-59c5-44d5-a068-429d445d117b
  3. How do I uninstall the Microsoft Edge "Update"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I uninstall the Microsoft Edge "Update": I have a problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI in that it shuts itself down within ten seconds. Adobe Reader does not exhibit this problem. I have read in the Adobe Support Community that the recent update to Microsoft Edge-Chromium, (automagically updated here on 16 JUN 2020),...
  4. How do I uninstall the Microsoft Edge "Update"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I uninstall the Microsoft Edge "Update": I have a problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI in that it shuts itself down within ten seconds. Adobe Reader does not exhibit this problem. I have read in the Adobe Support Community that the recent update to Microsoft Edge-Chromium, (automagically updated here on 16 JUN 2020),...
  5. How do I uninstall edge in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I uninstall edge in windows 10: How do I uninstall edge in windows 10. The system updated it this morning and I don't want it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-edge-in-windows-10/aa931ba2-c735-453c-a577-badef6ce0231
  6. how to uninstall microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to uninstall microsoft edge: how to uninstall microsoft edge in my laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-uninstall-microsoft-edge/4396e807-7d62-46bf-9994-cac8abb78daa
  7. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge: Guides and software to uninstall Microsoft edge, https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-...0-491534.shtml 111947
  8. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge ?

How to uninstall Microsoft Edge ?: How to uninstall Microsoft Edge ? 12908
  9. How do i uninstall Microsoft Edge and Cortana

How do i uninstall Microsoft Edge and Cortana: These seem very, very, very useless to me and i want them off my pc because they cause an annoyance to me >inb4 op, cortana and edge are superior, op, why do you want to uninstall them? please just tell me how to locate these programs in my registry to get them the hell...
  10. how do you uninstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    how do you uninstall windows 10: Have decided to uninstall windows 10 as can not fix the problems. Can you tell me the best way to do it bare in mind not very good with laptops and tech stuff. Thanks 12949

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uninstall edge on windows 10

2. how to uninstall microsoft edge windows 10