Windows 10: how do you uninstall windows 10

Discus and support how do you uninstall windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have decided to uninstall windows 10 as can not fix the problems. Can you tell me the best way to do it bare in mind not very good with laptops and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by broadrien4, Aug 4, 2015.

1. how do you uninstall windows 10

Have decided to uninstall windows 10 as can not fix the problems. Can you tell me the best way to do it bare in mind not very good with laptops and tech stuff. Thanks

:)

broadrien4, Aug 4, 2015
  2. johnspaid Win User

How do you uninstall retail windows 10 pro

I am working on a mac and running a virtual machine. I acquired a retail license for Windows 10 Pro, loaded it and activated it in a virtual machine. Now I want to uninstall it to load it on a different virtual machine. How do I go about doing that
    so that I can regain access to my product key and license?

johnspaid, Aug 4, 2015
  3. How do you uninstall retail windows 10 pro

1. You can reinstall the original version of Windows that was running on the machine prior to upgrading or installing Windows 10.

2. You can format the machine using your Windows 10 install media.

3. You can simply uninstall the product key and proceed to install Windows 10 in the Virtual Machine on the Mac then reactivate by telephone.

Lets try number 3 first:

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk

Hit Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer and set it back to trial mode, you are now free to use it on another computer.

When you install Windows 10 on the Mac, you might need to reactivate by telephone:

1. Press Windows key + X then clickRun, then type:
    slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Format the installation:

1. Insert the Windows 10 install media (DVD or USB)

2. Restart your computer

3. When asked if you want to boot from your DVD drive, do so.

You might need to configure your BIOS to boot from the DVD or USB thumbdrive.

4. Choose your language, click Next.

5. Click 'Repair your computer'

6. Select operating system you want to repair.

7. Click the Command Prompt

8. At the command prompt, type: FORMAT C:/

Hit Enter on your keyboard

Type Y for Yes

Hit Enter

Wait while the drive is formatted.

Type EXIT to close the prompt and click shut down to turn off the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Banzi Win User

how do you uninstall windows 10

To roll back open settings & click recovery in the left pane, on the right pane you should have the roll back to windows 8.1, click that & follow the steps. Note this will only work if you still have the Windows.old folder in the root of your C drive. If you have run Disk Cleanup in windows 10 & told it to delete your old installation then you would need to install windows 8.1 again.

The rollback when fine on mine but I then restored the backup I made with macrium reflect free just before the upgrade to be on the safe side.

You can always try the upgrade again at a later date to see if MS have fixed the issue. It bugged me a lot but then I'm a bit OCD *chuckle

Banzi, Aug 4, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    If you did the upgrade to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows, you might have better luck with a clean install which is often much less problematic.

swarfega, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Banzi Win User
    That's why it is always better to create a backup image of your previous OS before upgrading to windows 10, that way if you roll back & there are issues you can just restore the backup & everything will be back to how it was before you upgraded.

Banzi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how do you uninstall windows 10

1. how do you uninstall windows 10 - Similar Threads - uninstall

2. I uninstalled bluetooth on my hp laptop and can not get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I uninstalled bluetooth on my hp laptop and can not get it back: I uninstalled it some time ago when windows 10 updated. I was trying to fix it not showing up in device manager. I would like to have it back. Can you please help me. Thank you. My laptop is a HP Intel core i5...
  3. Uninstall button greyed out in software center for Power BI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall button greyed out in software center for Power BI: I can't get software center to uninstall Power BI, or even to recognize that it has been uninstalled. The user had 3 listings for Power BI possibly using multiple update versions in Add/Remove programs, but uninstalling them from there did not change the status in software...
  4. Please Help How can i remove or uninstall this driver .inf ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help How can i remove or uninstall this driver .inf ?: this driver isn't available / visible in device manager , how can i remove or uninstall this , is there any cli option to uninstall / remove this from my pc ! https://i.postimg.cc/gkQS0sy1/Screenshot-17.png submitted by /u/Ben_Copper [link] [comments]...
  5. Uninstall Microsoft Edge Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Microsoft Edge Update: My Laptop got updated with Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 on 2020/07/04. The website which I administer is not compatible with Microsoft Edge. I want to go back to the previous version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, but it does not allow it. According...
  6. How do i uninstall edge

How do i uninstall edge: I hate edge and when it updated it almost broke my computer submitted by /u/Beefy-lettuces [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpes9a/how_do_i_uninstall_edge/
  7. I want to uninstall new edge. But there is no option to Uninstall it. can anybody help me?...

I want to uninstall new edge. But there is no option to Uninstall it. can anybody help me?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CHAYAN_SASMAL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpaqdx/i_want_to_uninstall_new_edge_but_there_is_no/
  8. uninstall windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall windows update: I am having trouble printing after windows 10 update. I am trying to uninstall update KB4556799 but the message "An error has occurred. Not all the updates were successfully uninstalled" Can anyone help, please?...
  9. uninstall update KB4559309

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstall update KB4559309: The above was installed on 6/18/20. I haven't been able to use my printer since. As my copier still works "Brother" advised me it was an update problem. They sent me uninstall instructions and the problem is on the top of my list of updates. I select it, but there is no...
  10. How to uninstall SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite from my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite from my laptop: I desperately need help to get rid of this terrible PUP which has invaded my computer. I have tried every way I have knowledge of to get rid of a threat listed as 'Suspect!0a8caea6f26f'. The infected item is 'C:\...\SAntiVirusClient.exe and the full path is : C:\Program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if you uninstall windows 1903 can you reinstall at a later date