Windows 10: How do you "unname" a file extension?

Discus and support How do you "unname" a file extension? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JetGardner, Nov 22, 2021.

1. How do you "unname" a file extension?

I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry, but don't know where to look or if I'll have to kill it in several places.Windows 10

:)

JetGardner, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unnamed folder in this pc

Hi,

This issue occurs due to a corrupted system files. We suggest that you run
    the SFC to scan and fix any
    corrupted files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 22, 2021
  3. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 22, 2021
  4. How do you "unname" a file extension?

People app suddenly shows all contacts as "Unnamed"

My wife got a Samsung Windows 7 phone, and the guy in the AT&T store helped import her contacts from her gmail and yahoo email accounts. Suddenly -- I think after the next time she did a synch -- all the contacts appear as "Unnamed". The names and numbers
    are there, but the listing is useless since every entry appears as Unnamed.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Alan Zaitchik, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

How do you "unname" a file extension?

1. How do you "unname" a file extension? - Similar Threads - unname file extension

2. How do you block specific file extensions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you block specific file extensions?: Is there a way to block specific file extensions via software or other non-complicated means?Id also like to restrict other users from accessing zip files on said computerthanksThis is windows 11 running latest update....
  3. How do you block specific file extensions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you block specific file extensions?: Is there a way to block specific file extensions via software or other non-complicated means?Id also like to restrict other users from accessing zip files on said computerthanksThis is windows 11 running latest update....
  4. How do you install the HEVC extension?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do you install the HEVC extension?: I was having problems viewing some High definition video so I was told I needed to install the HEVC extension. I was also told I needed to make sure it wasn't already on my computer so I did a search and didn't find anything except for links to where to buy it. I went to the...
  5. How do you install the HEVC extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install the HEVC extension?: I was having problems viewing some High definition video so I was told I needed to install the HEVC extension. I was also told I needed to make sure it wasn't already on my computer so I did a search and didn't find anything except for links to where to buy it. I went to the...
  6. How do you install the HEVC extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you "unname" a file extension?: I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry,...
  8. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you "unname" a file extension?: I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry,...
  9. How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension: I have an extension in my Microsoft Edge browser which has an update available in the Microsoft store, but there is no button/link that allows me to update it. The only option is to remove it. How does one apply updates to Edge Add-ons? JohnD EDIT: I got it updated, but...
  10. How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you search c disk for all the files with the extension txt: Hello, So, I'm looking for quite a detailed search in CMD or RUN (not sure if they are the same), which is searching disk C for all the documents with extension txt also having 150kb. I've got Windows 10 Home if that helps? Many thanks Mihaela 101203