Windows 10: How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension

Discus and support How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have an extension in my Microsoft Edge browser which has an update available in the Microsoft store, but there is no button/link that allows me to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by johnptd, Dec 25, 2020.

1. johnptd Win User

How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension

I have an extension in my Microsoft Edge browser which has an update available in the Microsoft store, but there is no button/link that allows me to update it. The only option is to remove it. How does one apply updates to Edge Add-ons?

JohnD

EDIT: I got it updated, but it is not obvious what you have to do. I went to check for updates to Edge itself. I then had to restart Edge and when it restarted, the extension then listed as updated.

:)

johnptd, Dec 25, 2020

2. Extensions in Microsoft Edge

I too add my name to the list of people who find Edge useless without extensions.
    Huge step backward folks.

BucketHead99, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Noela Tum Win User
    edge extensions

Hello,

This issue with Microsoft Edge may occur if there is a system conflict. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Can you give us a screenshot of the exact error message when you reopen Microsoft Edge?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

You can also check out this helpful
    article
    about extensions on Microsoft Edge for more information.

Hope this helps and we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Noela Tum, Dec 25, 2020
  4. How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension

1. How do you update a Microsoft Edge extension - Similar Threads - update Microsoft Edge

2. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  3. How do you install the HEVC extension?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do you install the HEVC extension?: I was having problems viewing some High definition video so I was told I needed to install the HEVC extension. I was also told I needed to make sure it wasn't already on my computer so I did a search and didn't find anything except for links to where to buy it. I went to the...
  4. How do you install the HEVC extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install the HEVC extension?: I was having problems viewing some High definition video so I was told I needed to install the HEVC extension. I was also told I needed to make sure it wasn't already on my computer so I did a search and didn't find anything except for links to where to buy it. I went to the...
  5. How do you install the HEVC extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you "unname" a file extension?: I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry,...
  7. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you "unname" a file extension?: I recently tried unsuccessfully to install Corel Photo House 4.0 on my Win10 machine.After uninstalling it, it left a lingering ghost behind that I can't seem to exorcize, because it decided to name all .jpg .jpeg, .bmp etc files after itself.I'm not afraid of the registry,...
  8. How do you "unname" a file extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to update all Microsoft Edge extensions at once

in Windows 10 News
    How to update all Microsoft Edge extensions at once: [ATTACH]If you want to update Microsoft Edge extensions installed on your computer, you can follow this step by step guide. You can update all the […] This article How to update all Microsoft Edge extensions at once first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?: Anyone know how to block a specific website? I have tried Internet Options and the hosts file with no luck. 140959