Windows 10: How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

Discus and support How do you use a custom explorer in windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Mar 1, 2019.

1. smirk24 Win User

How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

I found a guide on askvg called
    How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?

and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black scree where i had to use task manager to repair what i have done no biggie there. but im just curious of what im doing wrong....any ideas?

Article on askvg:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-apply-a...er-in-windows/

:)

smirk24, Mar 1, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

How do you use a custom explorer in windows? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How do you use a custom explorer in windows? - Similar Threads - custom explorer

2. How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer?: Greetings How to add any folder under "This PC" in Explorer? 132177
  3. Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in...: Just got upgraded to Win10 PRO from Win7 PRO at work. I work for an Architect where there are multiple projects where primary folder is unique, and there is a subfolder I need to open up within each projects. The subfolder for each project is labelled 'Specs'. In Windows 7 I...
  4. How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...

How to customize the side bar in Explorer (determine which cloud services appear and in...: Dear community, my current side bar looks as follows: [ATTACH] I have already found a way how I can remove "Create Cloud Files": https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/remove-creative-cloud-files-file-explorer-sidebar/ However, with every update of Adobe XD it appears...
  5. File Explorer customized format

File Explorer customized format: I would like to always have my File Explorer window open with the This PC section expanded and everything else (such as Quick Access or One Drive) not expanded. I know it will open the way you leave it when you close it, but isn't there a registry change or group policy to...
  6. How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

How do you use a custom explorer in windows?: I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black screen where i had to use...
  7. How to customize Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize Explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows File Explorer, popularly known as just Explorer is the heart of Windows UI. Every interaction you make with files, and folders are through Explorer. As the OS has evolved, so did the File Explorer, and in this guide, we [...] This post How to...
  8. Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns

Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns: Long time lurker, first post in this forum. First Let me say hello and thanks to Brink and other contributors for all the great tips and tricks, I've used a ton of them since sevenforums.com and now tenforums.com. Last year I moved from win7 to win 10 with a new laptop and...
  9. In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+desig nation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files"

In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+desig nation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files": When I access my Desktop with File Explorer, the little window on the bottom right of the screen shows "Custom Files" by default. There is an option for this window that says "All Files". I would like to change the default option to "All Files". I have not been able to...
  10. Custom Dark Theme for Windows Explorer for all editions of Windows

Custom Dark Theme for Windows Explorer for all editions of Windows: I want custom dark theme for Windows Explorer which will support all editions of Windows like Windows 7, 8.1, and Windows 10. Is this possible to change theme of Windows Explorer in older editions of Windows? If yes! then please tell me how?...