Windows 10: How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

Discus and support How do you use a custom explorer in windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smirk24, Mar 2, 2019.

1. smirk24 Win User

How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

I found a guide on askvg called
    How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?

and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black screen where i had to use task manager to repair what i have done no biggie there. but im just curious of what im doing wrong....any ideas?

Article on askvg:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-apply-a...er-in-windows/

:)

smirk24, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

How do you use a custom explorer in windows? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How do you use a custom explorer in windows? - Similar Threads - custom explorer

2. How to customize the address bar in File Explorer Windows 11 version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize the address bar in File Explorer Windows 11 version 23H2?: My problem is, ever since Windows 11 has updated to version 23H2, I don't have enough space to see the full length of my address bar, instead, there is "..." and a down menu opens up. But the real pain is that except for two folders, it does not even show me the full length,...
  3. How to customize the address bar in File Explorer Windows 11 version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to customize the address bar in File Explorer Windows 11 version 23H2?: My problem is, ever since Windows 11 has updated to version 23H2, I don't have enough space to see the full length of my address bar, instead, there is "..." and a down menu opens up. But the real pain is that except for two folders, it does not even show me the full length,...
  4. Show column of custom properties in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show column of custom properties in windows explorer: We have a lot of users asking to make custom properties available as sortable columns in windows explorer. is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-column-of-custom-properties-in-windows/72f4779a-a304-4379-a90a-389e98d08756
  5. Show column of custom properties in windows explorer

Show column of custom properties in windows explorer: We have a lot of users asking to make custom properties available as sortable columns in windows explorer. is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-column-of-custom-properties-in-windows/72f4779a-a304-4379-a90a-389e98d08756
  6. Show column of custom properties in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  8. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  9. How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11: I want to customize what folders I see when I open File Explorer in Windows 11. It looks like Desktop is now the main folder that everything shows up under. There are several folders in here that I don't want but I can't figure out how to remove them. See screen shot of my...
  10. How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11

How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11: I want to customize what folders I see when I open File Explorer in Windows 11. It looks like Desktop is now the main folder that everything shows up under. There are several folders in here that I don't want but I can't figure out how to remove them. See screen shot of my...