Windows 10: How do you use a custom Linux kernel in windows 10?

Discus and support How do you use a custom Linux kernel in windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm aware that there's a Linux subsystem option in windows features on and off located in programs and features. But how can I use a fast Linux kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smirk24, Jul 30, 2020.

1. smirk24 Win User

How do you use a custom Linux kernel in windows 10?

I'm aware that there's a Linux subsystem option in windows features on and off located in programs and features. But how can I use a fast Linux kernel in windows 10 after setting windows to developer mode and installing the Linux sub system.

What are the steps needed to be done to achieve a fast Linux kernel for better global performance through out windows 10?

:)

smirk24, Jul 30, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Exquisitely sensitive stability testing - the linux kernel!

its not advisable to argue with a Wizzard he might turn you into a toad
    and no one runs stress tests under linux
    unless Linux is there main os .... and who runs Linux as there main os .... no one /trolling the linux kernel is not a TOOL for anything its a Kernel ... I suggest you go read up on the subject windows has a Kernel to and its far more sensitive to OC faults then Linux
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computing)

OneMoar, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jul 30, 2020
  4. How do you use a custom Linux kernel in windows 10?

Will the Linux kernel replace the Windows kernel?

We were chatting at work recently and someone suggested that perhaps Microsoft should replace the Windows kernel with Linux.
    That is, keep the "wrap" ... the parts seen by users ... but scrap the underlying kernel.
    - Cost savings for Microsoft ... no more kernel to support
    - Performance benefit for users ... the Linux kernel can run circles around Windows

It makes sense and it has me wondering ...

margrave55, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How do you use a custom Linux kernel in windows 10?

1. How do you use a custom Linux kernel in windows 10? - Similar Threads - custom Linux kernel

2. Do you recommend linux after win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you recommend linux after win 10: Say yes or no and you can also say reason why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-recommend-linux-after-win-10/afa6bf71-696c-42cf-b7ac-b0cff7c263df
  3. Linux kernel compatibility of windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Linux kernel compatibility of windows 10: Hello community,I installed ubuntu 20.04 LTS in windows 10. I am new to this stuff. I am learning Linux device drivers. Can I use this for LKM development? on beginner level?...
  4. How do you install Windows 10 on a custom-built computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you install Windows 10 on a custom-built computer?: Hey, I just built my first computer. How do I install Windows 10 on it? I don't know much about computer-technical knowhow. Also, do you think I'll need 10, or would something work better?...
  5. Will the Linux kernel replace the Windows kernel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will the Linux kernel replace the Windows kernel?: We were chatting at work recently and someone suggested that perhaps Microsoft should replace the Windows kernel with Linux. That is, keep the "wrap" ... the parts seen by users ... but scrap the underlying kernel. - Cost savings for Microsoft ... no more kernel to support -...
  6. Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10: Beginning with Windows Insiders builds this Summer, we will include an in-house custom-built Linux kernel to underpin the newest version of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). This marks the first time that the Linux kernel will be included as a component in Windows. This...
  7. How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you use a custom explorer in windows?: I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black screen where i had to use...
  8. How do you use a custom explorer in windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you use a custom explorer in windows?: I found a guide on askvg called How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows? and following the instructions given in the article i couldn't get my explorer in my separate storage to execute which gave me a black scree where i had to use...
  9. how do you customize icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you customize icons?: How does one go about customizing the icons for file types such as .html, .php, .jpg, .gif, .psd, etc...? There was an option in win 7 with a "File Type" tab that listed all the file extensions and allowed you to change the icons. I did try using regedit and change the...
  10. Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux: We are happy to announce that we have open sourced a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) sample for Linux distribution maintainers. This sample allows distro maintainers to build WSL distro packages for the Microsoft Store and developers to create custom Linux distro packages...