Windows 10: HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?

Discus and support HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wseidl, Feb 19, 2019.

1. wseidl Win User

HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?

HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website?

:)

wseidl, Feb 19, 2019

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to view images on websites

Hi Denis,

To assist you better please help us with the below information.

• Which Web browser are you using to use view the Website?
    • Is the issue specific to certain website or all the websites?
    If you are using Microsoft Edge make sure adobe flash player is turned on.

To Turn on adobe flash player: Open Edge> go to More > Settings > Advance settings > Turn on Use adobe flash player>

Under the same advance settings tab scroll down, under cookies dropdown select “Don’t block cookies”.

Suggest you clear the Clear browsing data
    option of Microsoft Edge and check if you still face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings.
    • Select choose what to clear under Clear browsing data, then tick the checkbox (es) for the information that you want to clear.
    Microsoft Edge help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-edge

If you are using Internet explorer I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Clear the SSL state

In some instances there may be corrupted information in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cache; this corrupted information can cause websites to not load correctly. This information is cleared each time you
    restart your computer but can be removed by using the Clear SSL State option in Internet Explorer without having to restart your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer

b) In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options

c) Click the Content tab, and then click Clear SSL state

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. HOW do you view the actual threads on this yet another confusing Microsoft website? - Similar Threads - view actual threads

2. How do you create a thread error that you found a solution for on Microsoft Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you create a thread error that you found a solution for on Microsoft Windows.: Hello, My name is Ellis Riggins and I found a fix for the issue for CAC Readers on Windows 11. I would like to post to the original post asking the question which was "SCR35XX USB smartcard driver keeps loading and unloading after a Windows update." Now, I will say that the...
  3. How do you create a thread error that you found a solution for on Microsoft Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you create a thread error that you found a solution for on Microsoft Windows.: Hello, My name is Ellis Riggins and I found a fix for the issue for CAC Readers on Windows 11. I would like to post to the original post asking the question which was "SCR35XX USB smartcard driver keeps loading and unloading after a Windows update." Now, I will say that the...
  4. Yet Another thing to annoy you !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet Another thing to annoy you !!!: I lost my Dad in March 2020 :Since then I had to look through his computer. It was so sad and made me cry a lot.We were very close and I had to help him a lot over the years.I had to go back home for 7 months for work, but when I came back his machine needed a lot of...
  5. Yet Another BSOD Boot Loop Thread...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet Another BSOD Boot Loop Thread...: Hey all. Wondering next step recommendations from a bunch of bsod errors... I apologise in advance if I'm posting incorrectly, with too little info, or in the wrong place. This is my first post, yay. So, I'm getting: system thread exception not handled (sometimes shows...
  6. How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you block websites in Microsoft Edge?: Anyone know how to block a specific website? I have tried Internet Options and the hosts file with no luck. 140959
  7. Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update (yet another thread thx to MS): Hello Community, wanted to open a new thread to post a recent issue with Update and see if there are others having the same issue. Microsoft locked all the other threads on this topic that I had been subscribed to, hence the reason for opening a new. Windows Update.....oh...
  8. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  9. yet another 0xc000007b thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yet another 0xc000007b thread: I've done pretty much everything. I've looked at other threads, I've restarted, I've updated my drivers, I added some dll files. I reinstalled the game that causes the problems. I was looking to see if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of this. I have: Recently switched...
  10. Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk !: I have got W10 now including two W10 and 2 W7s on my home network... Different users and passwords on each one and all have a shared folder. Yes I set the network config for 'don't ask for passwords'... BUT of course I am asked for credentials when trying to access the other...