Windows 10: "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue"

Discus and support "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have started getting on each an every startup this pop up. When I select an app all I get is a vague redirect to.... "file:///C:/Program" [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Sep 8, 2018.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

"How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue"

I have started getting on each an every startup this pop up. When I select an app all I get is a vague redirect to....

"file:///C:/Program"

"How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" [​IMG]

"How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" [​IMG]

anyone have a solution to what causes this?

:)

tazmo8448, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 8, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" :)

jaydeee, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how do you want to open this file