Windows 10: "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue"

Discus and support "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have started getting on each an every startup this pop up. When I select an app all I get is a vague redirect to.... "file:///C:/Program" [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Sep 8, 2018.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

"How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue"

I have started getting on each an every startup this pop up. When I select an app all I get is a vague redirect to....

"file:///C:/Program"

"How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" [​IMG]

"How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" [​IMG]

anyone have a solution to what causes this?

:)

tazmo8448, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 8, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" :)

jaydeee, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. "How Do You Want To Open This File? Issue" - Similar Threads - Open File Issue

2. editing how do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    editing how do you want to open this file?: win 7 conversion to win 10, when I click on a folder to open it i get the box with program suggestions to open and internet explorer is there instead of anyone of my 3 browsers. How do I change that?...
  3. question on "how do you want to open this file"

in Windows 10 Customization
    question on "how do you want to open this file": hi have Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft Office pro - new Issue is: When opening a PDF attachment it continuously is asking what file to open with. yet the PDF is set as the default app in the Windows Setup any ideas? thank you!...
  4. "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "How do you want to open this file?": This pops up on my computer randomly, but generally every 5 to 10 minutes. It disappears on mouse click, but is annoying. Especially if in the middle of some work. See the attached screen shot. I have read through many posts regarding a variation of this popup that includes...
  5. How do you want to open this file ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do you want to open this file ?: When ever I try to download a program and I was an exe. file I never just get a run button so I can simply install the program but a box pops up saying "how do you want to open this file? " with the options of: Internet Explorer Notepad Office XML Handler Paint Windows...
  6. annoying issue of "How do you want to open..."

annoying issue of "How do you want to open...": I the annoying issue of "How do you want to open..." but it wont tell me what the program is that is trying to be opened. Just allowed Windows 10 to do it's upgrade from 7 last week and it wont stop even though I have already entered the apps to use with my normal programs....
  7. Disable "How do you want to open this file"?

Disable "How do you want to open this file"?: On every computer I've installed Windows 10 on (a dozen+) despite me setting all my default file types and applications, the first time a specific file type in opened, it still asks if I want to use this program. I've attached a picture of the first time I'm trying to open a...
  8. Stop asking How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop asking How do you want to open this file: This happens a lot. I double-click a file to open and a popup windows appears asking How do you want to open this file? It already has the program associated with it highlighted, but I still have to check the box to Always use this program and then click OK. These are...
  9. "Do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Do you want to open this file?": Every time I want to open downloaded from internet image file I receive a warning message "do you want to open this file?" which makes me crazy.Is any way to disable this,PLEASE? 27759
  10. "How do you want to open this file?" Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    "How do you want to open this file?" Loop: Hello people that are smarter than me in computer issues. So I've been trying to solve a looping issue on my teacher's computer for a couple hours now. Whenever I try to open a .jpg or .png file from File Explorer, the How do you want to open this file page pops up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how do you want to open this file