Windows 10: "How do you want to open this file?"

Discus and support "How do you want to open this file?" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This pops up on my computer randomly, but generally every 5 to 10 minutes. It disappears on mouse click, but is annoying. Especially if in the middle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomo1948, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Tomo1948 Win User

"How do you want to open this file?"

This pops up on my computer randomly, but generally every 5 to 10 minutes. It disappears on mouse click, but is annoying. Especially if in the middle of some work.
    See the attached screen shot. I have read through many posts regarding a variation of this popup that includes (.js). I have tried the solutions for that pop up with no success.
    Welcome any suggestions

:)

Tomo1948, Mar 24, 2016
  2. kectec Win User

how do you want to open this

Computer is 100% updated. Screen shot below:

"How do you want to open this file?" [​IMG]

kectec, Mar 24, 2016
  3. how do you want to open this

Hi Kecrec,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Have you installed all the updates on your computer?
    • Please prove us the screen shot of the issue?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Mar 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

1. "How do you want to open this file?" - Similar Threads - open file

2. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning" Target folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning" Target folders?: RE:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-this-security-message-open-file/180ff989-b733-43cb-949c-20cf04bed0c6Is there any way to TARGET specific folders that are OK or must it be an all or nothing proposal? I added shortcuts to applications to...
  3. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning" Target folders?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning" Target folders?: RE:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-this-security-message-open-file/180ff989-b733-43cb-949c-20cf04bed0c6Is there any way to TARGET specific folders that are OK or must it be an all or nothing proposal? I added shortcuts to applications to...
  4. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning" Target folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.: To get this software you need write on our e-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Reserve e-mail address to contact us: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Your personal ID: 0869PsawqSqq7Z7h24RVjiVQo0xVIXExd0KAhI9HiO8zfP9Ro1...
  6. I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.

I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.: To get this software you need write on our e-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Reserve e-mail address to contact us: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Your personal ID: 0869PsawqSqq7Z7h24RVjiVQo0xVIXExd0KAhI9HiO8zfP9Ro1...
  7. How do I fix "cant open access to control editor. the system cannot find the file specified"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "cant open access to control editor. the system cannot find the file specified": So I tried to delete a virus manually, when I tried deleting it, it just refused to download, then I went to safe mode to try to delete it and was struck with "cannot find specified file or folder", then I searched online and saw the issue is related to some control editor,...
  8. How do I fix "cant open access to control editor. the system cannot find the file specified"

How do I fix "cant open access to control editor. the system cannot find the file specified": So I tried to delete a virus manually, when I tried deleting it, it just refused to download, then I went to safe mode to try to delete it and was struck with "cannot find specified file or folder", then I searched online and saw the issue is related to some control editor,...
  9. How do I fix "cant open access to control editor. the system cannot find the file specified"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. My window10 in 2022 would open Iphone .MOV files but now, in 2023 and 2024 they will not play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window10 in 2022 would open Iphone .MOV files but now, in 2023 and 2024 they will not play?: Movie files from an I Phone downloaded in 2022 as .MOV play fine on my computer but recent I Phone .MOV files will not play, what has changed and how can I get the .MOV file to play on my computer?...