Windows 10: How does a homeschool family take advantage of Windows 10 Education?

Discus and support How does a homeschool family take advantage of Windows 10 Education? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there a free version of Windows 10 for home schoolers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JasonCooper6, Dec 7, 2019.

1. How does a homeschool family take advantage of Windows 10 Education?

Is there a free version of Windows 10 for home schoolers?

:)

JasonCooper6, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How does a homeschool family take advantage of Windows 10 Education?

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

How does a homeschool family take advantage of Windows 10 Education?

1. How does a homeschool family take advantage of Windows 10 Education? - Similar Threads - does homeschool family

2. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so it's been 4 hours ago when I open my laptop and it automatically start the updates, and until now , the screen show "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your computer" and also it several times already...
  3. How long does a Windows 10 update take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How long does a Windows 10 update take?: Okay so about 4 hours ago my computer needed to make updates, so I clicked restart and update and then I'm at the blue screen where it tells me that, "Working on Updates, Please do not turn off your PC, this might take a while, and your PC will restart several times."I...
  4. Does Tablet mode have any advantages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Tablet mode have any advantages?: My Pc has become really slow. A friend of mine told me to use Tablet mode to better perfomance. Is this really true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-tablet-mode-have-any-advantages/ef9fe00f-cb3a-4805-b3ba-fbe2c1b31798
  5. Can Homeschoolers get Windows 10 Education Edtion for free like public school kids?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Homeschoolers get Windows 10 Education Edtion for free like public school kids?: Can Homeschoolers get Windows 10 Education Edtion for free like public school kids? Whenever I try to get it states that my school is not eligible... Is there any way for a homeschooler to get it?...
  6. What advantages does windows 10 have over Linux?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What advantages does windows 10 have over Linux?: Curious to know. Thinking of ditching windows for Linux. submitted by /u/Yagami888 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wikf/what_advantages_does_windows_10_have_over_linux/
  7. Windows 10 change desktop to laptop to take advantage of metering

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 change desktop to laptop to take advantage of metering: In 2015 I moved to the country and had to use satellite internet which comes with data limits. Since I had already upgraded my Windows 7 custom built mid-tower to Windows 10 I had a problem with Windows 10 automatically downloading updates. Since my chassis was defined as a...
  8. How long does it take to install Windows 10?

How long does it take to install Windows 10?: I'm installing Windows 10 Pro 64bit on my Computer for over 9 hours and nothing has happened. Previously i saw the Windows logo and the rotating dots with some precentage under them, then my screen would go black for a couple of minutes after which the precentage went up. But...
  9. Advantages of UEFI (Windows 10)?

Advantages of UEFI (Windows 10)?: I've been having some trouble with a clean install of Windows 10 done using the Bios route, and I'm considering doing a clean install on a brand new SSD to overcome any mistakes that I made the first time round, and I have two questions: 1) What are the advantages of...
  10. Windows 10 enterprise. What Advantages Does it have? and upgrade ques.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 enterprise. What Advantages Does it have? and upgrade ques.: I've received an email from Microsoft (i was part of the first group to test windows 10) saying i could download windows 10 enterprise for 90 days. (along with 8, 8.1, and another OS 'which had no time limit') i was wondering two things. 1.)When the 90 days expires can i...