Windows 10: How does Alexa get access to my contacts without my permission?

Discus and support How does Alexa get access to my contacts without my permission? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does Alexa have access to my contacts? Am I overlooking something? Is it easy for any app to circumvent my privacy settings?I have a Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaygourley, Sep 6, 2021.

1. How does Alexa get access to my contacts without my permission?

Why does Alexa have access to my contacts? Am I overlooking something? Is it easy for any app to circumvent my privacy settings?I have a Windows computers and an iPhone, both with Alexa apps installed. On the iPhone, I explicitly deny access to the contacts, and Alexa cannot display my contacts there.On the Windows 10 computers, contacts are stored in an Exchange mailbox in the cloud and locally in an Outlook .ost file. The Windows setting to deny Alexa app access to contacts does not appear. There are only a handful of installed apps that appear there. I think the Alexa app I have inst

:)

jaygourley, Sep 6, 2021

2. Amazon Alexa . . .

I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want to install Amazon Alexa. I type it into Amazon search,

install Alexa. It's free . . .

It shows me a round blue circle. I click on it, but nothing seems to happen. Please give me,

step by step instructions. I just, really want Alexa on my computer . . .

Thanks for reading . . .

Jerry_Dwyer, Sep 6, 2021
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 6, 2021
  4. How does Alexa get access to my contacts without my permission?

Amazon Alexa . . .

Mark , , , I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I want to install Amazon Alexa. I type it into Amazon search,

install Alexa. It's free . . .

It shows me a round blue circle. I click on it, but nothing seems to happen. Please give me,

step by step instructions. I just, really want Alexa on my computer . . .

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

Jerry_Dwyer, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

How does Alexa get access to my contacts without my permission?

1. How does Alexa get access to my contacts without my permission? - Similar Threads - does Alexa access

2. Why does MS continue to shutdown my computer without permission?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MS continue to shutdown my computer without permission?!: This has been an issue ever since windows 10, and continues to be an issue...When you're computer is shut down, whilst in the middle of tasks, with various software and data analysis programs running, with hundreds of windows across 15 virtual desktops all set up "just how I...
  3. signing in without asking my permission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing in without asking my permission: Hello, my windows OS is not showing the sign in option its just signing in without asking my permission so i need solution for this problem so please provide me the solution as soon as possible. it dosent have any pin or password it just a normal sign in option....
  4. Windows is updating my apps without my permission. How to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is updating my apps without my permission. How to stop?: it looks like my alarms and clock app got updated. Start menu icon changed. I just rebooted, and all my sticky notes have their own taskbar tab/button, whereas before, it would just have one button for all notes combined. I have windows update set to metered connection....
  5. Getting access permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting access permission: Everytime I run a malware scanner, it returns the same PUPs, so I though I would manually check, but I am denied access to \ProgramData\ApplicationData\ and told to fix that in Security. That in turn lists four entities that might get permission. When for simplicity, I chose...
  6. Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone

Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone: I was going to install Cortana on my android phone and link it to Cortana on my windows 10 pc until I read the risks. I can understand giving permission to access email and contacts for Cortana but what I don't understand is giving permission for an app to go into my phone...
  7. how do I access alexa echo

how do I access alexa echo: How to find and access alexa echo app with this brouser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-alexa-echo/2ba78507-60c2-4657-925e-2943f2a6db4d
  8. Administrator permissions: How do I get full access of my computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator permissions: How do I get full access of my computer?: When trying to rename, copy or delete certain files or folders, I keep getting the annoying "You need administrator permission" prompt. I then click the button and it's done. But it's totally annoying and it seems so random because those files are no important system files or...
  9. Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission: I want to have full access for my laptop because whenever I try to install or make changes it pops out an error message that it requires administrator permission, I tried all the steps that you posted but no luck. 44829
  10. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

Apps getting Installed Without my Permission: This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it. This is just annoying and rude so to...