Windows 10: How does automatic backup actually work?

Discus and support How does automatic backup actually work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just recently backed up to an external storage while having the "automatic backup" option turned on. Does this mean whenever I connect my external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qwert1225, Dec 5, 2020.

1. How does automatic backup actually work?

So I just recently backed up to an external storage while having the "automatic backup" option turned on. Does this mean whenever I connect my external drive again it will automatically back up? Should I disable that option just in case?

submitted by /u/qwert1225
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qwert1225, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Sean8 Win User

Automatic backup

I'm trying to setup automatic backup. In windows 7 I have it setup but it doesn't backup everything in that folder it backs up only stuff that was edited which causes confusion. Is there any easier way to automatically backup everything in a single folder to my external hd

Sean8, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Sean8 Win User
    Need a Backup Solution

Automatic backup

newtekie1 helped alot with what he suggested. Been using it for almost 2 weeks now works awesome.

Sean8, Dec 5, 2020
  4. DLB26 Win User

How does automatic backup actually work?

Windows 10 automatic backup error 0x80070015

I've had the same problem as everyone else in this thread. I found this suggestion (proposed by Sachin Venkatesh, MS, back in 2015) worked for me:

Follow the steps to check if the backup service is started.

• Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc.
    • search Volume Shadow Copy and double click on it.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Start in Service status and check.
    Source: Backup Error code 0x80070015

Mine was set to Manual... I changed it to Automatic and the backup immediately started running.

DLB26, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

How does automatic backup actually work?

1. How does automatic backup actually work? - Similar Threads - does automatic backup

2. How to check if my "backup and restore" is actually working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check if my "backup and restore" is actually working: Hello there, i have made a backup using the "Backup and restoreWindows 7" tool. I want to check if the backup is actually working, i have checked the folder of the backup, i have the 60GB .vhdx file, some .xml files, and one 315mb .vhdx file. How to check if the backup will...
  3. How to check if my "backup and restore" is actually working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check if my "backup and restore" is actually working: Hello there, i have made a backup using the "Backup and restoreWindows 7" tool. I want to check if the backup is actually working, i have checked the folder of the backup, i have the 60GB .vhdx file, some .xml files, and one 315mb .vhdx file. How to check if the backup will...
  4. How to check if my "backup and restore" is actually working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How does backup in Windows 10 work?

How does backup in Windows 10 work?: Hi, It is my first time ever taking backup with an external HDD. I bought One Touch HDD from Seagate and it uses software called Toolkit. It's just not doing the job and I'm tired of trying. I'm also suspecting that it is making Windows freeze and stop working. It started...
  6. Does powercfg -requestsoverride actually work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does powercfg -requestsoverride actually work?: I've been looking at this on and off for months and have finally reached "make my own post" stage... hoping that someone has a solution as all the threads from Googling peter out into nothing, or are resolved by unplugging a gamepad, or people's "solution" is just to shut...
  7. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  8. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  9. How does Windows Backup work?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How does Windows Backup work?: Hi there! I recently bought a new computer and want to learn about- and use the windows backup feature. Ive read somewhere that when using this feature, by default everything in the folder "Users" will automatically be back upped, is that correct? When I insert an USB...
  10. Backup does not automatically backup.

Backup does not automatically backup.: backup does not automatically backup. I have to go to settings and do it manually every time i want a file backed up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-does-not-automatically-backup/de72d377-937c-4a24-b968-13c6994296d8