Windows 10: How does BitLocker help in the prevention of reset password from changing utilman.exe to...

Discus and support How does BitLocker help in the prevention of reset password from changing utilman.exe to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have read an article of how to prevent Windows password reset hacks. I would like to know how BitLocker secure users from changing utilman.exe to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eva123OO, May 2, 2019.

1. Eva123OO Win User

How does BitLocker help in the prevention of reset password from changing utilman.exe to...

I have read an article of how to prevent Windows password reset hacks. I would like to know how BitLocker secure users from changing utilman.exe to cmd.exe using Linux live boot cd and from there open cmd.exe on Login Screen and change the root password.

Reference link:

https://4sysops.com/archives/prevent-windows-password-reset-hacks

:)

Eva123OO, May 2, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, May 2, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 2, 2019
  4. How does BitLocker help in the prevention of reset password from changing utilman.exe to...

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, May 2, 2019
Thema:

How does BitLocker help in the prevention of reset password from changing utilman.exe to...

1. How does BitLocker help in the prevention of reset password from changing utilman.exe to... - Similar Threads - does BitLocker help

2. how to reset/change laptop password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to reset/change laptop password: what steps are needed for changing/resetting my laptop password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resetchange-laptop-password/4f079234-8dd2-4d2a-b9e8-74c417527407"
  3. Does change Password make the old the email reset too?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does change Password make the old the email reset too?: For the information, I have a problem with my mail on window10. The email cannot receive and send on the mail windows10. So, i decide to change the password on the server. But I worry that if change password then all the old email missing and cannot recover. For information...
  4. Password reset disk fails to change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset disk fails to change password: Hi everyone, I forgot the password for my PC and I have a password reset disk, but fails to change the password. It shows this "an error occurred while setting the password for this account" Plz help as I am not the administrator and the administrator has also forgotten...
  5. Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker

Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker: I started to decrypt my disk from BitLocker 1TB disk drive, and it took about 10 hours and accidently the laptop shutdown without completion, and after a while I thought to complete this process on another laptop which is mine, and for some reason I cannot access the disk...
  6. Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker: I started to decrypt my disk from BitLocker 1TB disk drive, and it took about 10 hours and accidently the laptop shutdown without completion, and after a while I thought to complete this process on another laptop which is mine, and for some reason I cannot access the disk...
  7. Does Bitlocker prevent a thief from using my laptop?

Does Bitlocker prevent a thief from using my laptop?: I have had two Windows laptops stolen in as many years. I am trying to find a way to make my laptop useless to a thief and am wondering if Bitlocker will do the trick. For instance, if I use Bitlocker on my system does that only protect the HD and data or will that also...
  8. bitLocker Drive - How to change the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitLocker Drive - How to change the password: Can you tell me how to change the password for Bit Locker on my zip drive - I have the recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/bitlocker-drive-how-to-change-the-password/d1886e66-3ea6-4c4e-92e6-941c37ef3190
  9. Bitlocker, TPM, BIOS PASSWORD, help on interaction of these

Bitlocker, TPM, BIOS PASSWORD, help on interaction of these: Tech help requested Bitlocker, TPM, AMI Bios and TPM, SAmsung TabPro S (windows) computer tablet Tech requests to AMI bios and to samsung, for clarification of these items, has been USELESS. I have the tablet, with Bitlocker enabled. I do NOT have a PIN enabled for...
  10. How do I prevent multiple .exes (eg notepad) from running?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent multiple .exes (eg notepad) from running?: I sometimes accidentally run two copies of notepad. Sometimes, I don't spot them both in my taskbar. I wondered if there was a way to alert me that I'm attempting to run the same .exe, if I already have it open? For example, on my desktop I have a notepad file. I'll run...