Windows 10: How does component video play in windows 10 computer?

Discus and support How does component video play in windows 10 computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an old camcorder for which I have purchased an AVI/component cable (red/yellow-white inputs) that plugs into my computer. I would like to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rcindallas, Jul 28, 2021.

1. How does component video play in windows 10 computer?

I have an old camcorder for which I have purchased an AVI/component cable (red/yellow-white inputs) that plugs into my computer. I would like to play the tape on the camcorder and see and capture it on the computer. I cannot seem to figure out how it is supposed to show on the computer. The computer does not seem to recognize anything at all. Has anyone done this before, and if so what is supposed to happen next? e.g. is there supposed to be a popup window when I plug in the usb, or am I supposed to enable something? Just not sure what is supposed to happen next.

:)

rcindallas, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 28, 2021
  3. No sound when playing video files on Windows 10

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. When do get the error "this app can't run on this computer"?
    3. Is the sound working fine in Audio files?
    4. What is the make and model number of your computer?

5) What is the format of Video files that you are trying to play? (You may refer to
      File types supported by Windows Media Player).

Meanwhile, download a new video file from the internet and check if the audio is coming from that video file.

Also, copy those video files onto a USB and play them on another computer and check if you are able to hear audio from thos video files.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix sound problems in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 28, 2021
  4. How does component video play in windows 10 computer?

Video import and play on Windows 10

Hi Russ Bristol,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to play imported videos in Windows media player?

• What is the format of the video files you try to play using Windows media player?
    Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Check the file type.

Check if the file type is supported in Windows Media Player 12. You may verify the information below. The information is more or less the same except for few file types such as H.264, Xvid and DivX video codecs, AAC audio<sup></sup>
    and 3GP, MP4 and MOV container formats that are natively supported by WMP 12.

Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports

File types supported by Windows Media Player

Step 2: Download and install codec.

If the file type is supported by the Player, make sure the codec used to compress the file is installed on your computer. Some codec’s aren't supported by the Player.

Here’s how you can check for the codec of the file.

To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 12:

• Determine whether the codec is installed on the computer that you are using to play the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. In the Now Playing area, right-click the file that you are trying to play, and then click
    Properties.

b. Click the File tab, note the codecs that are specified in the
    Audio codec and the Video codec areas, and then click
    OK. If the following condition is true, go to step 2.

No video codec is specified.

c. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

d. Click the Technical Support Information hyperlink.

e. Determine whether the video codec that you noted in step 1b is listed in the Video Codecs area. If the codec is not listed, go to step 2.

f. Try to reinstall the codec. If you cannot reinstall the codec, go to step 2.

g. Try to play the file. If you can play the file, go to step 3.

2. Install the codec.

To do this, follow the below steps:

a) If you receive an error message when you try to play the file, click
    Web Help. If you do not receive an error message when you try to play the file, go to step 3.

b) On the Microsoft Web site, click the link to the Wmplugins Web site. If this link is not present, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

c) Try to play the file. If you can play the file, skip step 3.

3. Obtain the codec from a external vendor. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vendors/en-us

If your file format you have downloaded/imported is not supported in Windows Media Player. However use your favorite search engine to search for the application that converts the file to the format that Windows Media player supports.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

How does component video play in windows 10 computer?

1. How does component video play in windows 10 computer? - Similar Threads - does component video

2. Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?: [ATTACH] Please help I've been trying to fix this issue since I upgraded my pc in January. Green hue: https://preview.redd.it/5c6xa9pgpel61.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=663a9c9025ada6f0477799f693b1ffd37a533bff submitted by /u/busterbxxx [link] [comments]...
  3. Does playing games on a lap damage it's components?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does playing games on a lap damage it's components?: some people tell that playing games on a lap can damage it's components.so I want to know about that... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-playing-games-on-a-lap-damage-its-components/9a7a9c48-f053-494c-bf96-d8e8429e318a
  4. PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10: VIDEOS 720P OR ANYONE CAN'T NO CLEAR DISPLAY.IT'S DRAGGING UP AND DOWN.IT'S SOUND OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-in-windows-10/774a3787-84ca-4ef7-95f2-32ec83d9c1d4
  5. OneDrive online Does not play Videos..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneDrive online Does not play Videos..: My Onedrive on my PC plays the videos however when I go to the website some play & some do not. The app on my devices does not play the videos the screen is black the time keeper does count down like the video is playing. All the videos work over a month ago - I did not...
  6. playing videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing videos with windows 10: Hi, Since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows Vista I haven't been able to play videos on my PC including You tube on internet whatever browser I use...
  7. Videos does not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos does not play in windows 10: Every thing was working fine few days back,all of a sudden no videos are playing in my laptop. but after i restart pc videos do play.so every time i shut down my pc i will have to restart my pc to play videos ,it is so annoying . any suggesions. 90959
  8. Video not playing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not playing in windows 10: I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time. When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture. I have tried opening the videos with several players i.e. power DVD Windows Media Player Quick Time etc. but none work However, if I open one...
  9. Windows 10 does not play WMV video files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not play WMV video files: Hi Having recently updated to Windows 10, I am astonished (annoyed) to discover Windows 10 does not play WMV video files, particularly those created using Windows Movie Maker. There doesn't seem to be very much advice on this on the net and the following is short list of...
  10. videos will not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    videos will not play in windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube. When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes. I was...