Windows 10: How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW?

Discus and support How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I import my Iphone Pics to my Laptop via file Explorer in Windows 10. I had to replace my hard drive and could not Image the old one. I now have 6,000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markmisky, Oct 22, 2019.

1. markmisky Win User

How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW?

I import my Iphone Pics to my Laptop via file Explorer in Windows 10. I had to replace my hard drive and could not Image the old one. I now have 6,000 pics on my Iphone but only the last week had not been imported. I assume there is something like an ini file that keeps track of what pics have been imported. Does anyone know what that file is so I don't have to import all 6,000 pics again? I do have app data backed up just don't know which file I need.

Thanks

:)

markmisky, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Cr00zng Win User

Cannot See iPhone in File Explorer

It does help, thanks, I've learned about importing pictures and videos instead of using copy/paste.

While my system does not have the "PTP" driver, just the "MTP", it does allow importing pictures and videos. There's no error message like on yours. It must be working, since it finds duplicate file names for images that had been copy/pasted previously from the iPhone:

How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW? [​IMG]

Maybe this is just for Windows 10 "N" version, I don't know. It's been a good learning experience and again, thanks for the detailed explanation...

Cr00zng, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Pictures not importing from Iphone

Hi Kristen,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Did you try to use the iTunes software to import the photos?

I suggest you to refer to the below articles and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

The steps for the Windows 8.1 may apply to Windows 10 also in the above articles.

You may try the below steps and check if you are able to see the entire photo library from your iPhone.

1: Connect your iPhone to your Windows 10 PC using the USB cable provided by Apple. Check your iPhone screen now and a notification with “Trust” option will
    appear. Choose “Trust” option to continue.

2: Open Windows File Explorer. Press the
    Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File explorer

3: Under “This PC”, you should see your iPhone as a drive. Double-click the icon for your iPhone here. Now you may have the access to your photos/folders in
    your iPhone.

4: Photos and videos taken on your iPhone should now be visible. Then you can select the photos to transfer them to Windows 10.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 22, 2019
  4. KristenLG Win User

Pictures not importing from Iphone

I upgraded to Windows 10 and the photo app is not showing any pictures from my Iphone from June-August but shows all my pictures from September. It says there are no photos to import (meaning the computer thinks it has imported all the pictures on the
    Iphone) but over 100 pictures are missing from those dates. Does anyone know how to get all the pictures( the already imported and the ones that have not been imported) from my Iphone to appear so I can just select the pictures I need? The pictures show up
    in my Icloud if that helps???

KristenLG, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. How does File Explorer know if an imported Iphone Picture is NEW? - Similar Threads - does File Explorer

2. Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer: Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer. I used to view my iPhone pictures one by one from file explorer and then select which ones to copy to my pc. I did it in this Jul and it worked properly. But recently, I got an error “Photos can’t open this file because...
  3. Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer: Cannot open pictures of my iPhone from file explorer. I used to view my iPhone pictures one by one from file explorer and then select which ones to copy to my pc. I did it in this Jul and it worked properly. But recently, I got an error “Photos can’t open this file because...
  4. Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC: Hi,I have been sitting in front of my PC for over an hour now, trying to figure out why the "Pictures" app either won't recognize my iPhone or stops importing my pictures after 9 or so have been imported. The thing is, I know the PC itself recognizes the connection. I can see...
  5. Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures from iPhone to PC: Hi,I have been sitting in front of my PC for over an hour now, trying to figure out why the "Pictures" app either won't recognize my iPhone or stops importing my pictures after 9 or so have been imported. The thing is, I know the PC itself recognizes the connection. I can see...
  6. Importing pictures from iPhone to Windows 10 stopped organizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Importing pictures from iPhone to Windows 10 stopped organizing?: Hi guys, Every now and then I transfer all my pictures from my iphone to my pc. When I do this the pictures are being organized by date perfectly in folders which makes it look very organized. Now I havent done it in a while and tried doing it today again. All of a sudden he...
  7. Importing Photos Into Pictures File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos Into Pictures File: 12/18/2020 - Did a recent Microsoft update change the way photos are grouped when downloading from my digital camera? Previously, I would download my photos, they would go into a folder showing the date taken, and I would rename the folder to show the subject matter of the...
  8. Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone: I cannot import pictures because when I click on Import, it informs that "something went wrong" . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-pictures-using-photo-app-from/827bfa21-ce3f-40a7-8066-b424b7ade852"
  9. pictures on iphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pictures on iphone: Won't read the pictures on my IPhone - was working fine and then quit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-on-iphone/e3d41fa9-1166-4f0a-8821-d1864835a515
  10. Pictures does not hold position in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures does not hold position in file explorer: Recently updated to Windows 10- everything seemed to be working great until I opened the File Explorer, then the Picture Folder, scrolled down about half of a screen and attempted to change the name one of the pictures. Within 15 seconds the pictures jumped back to the...