Windows 10: How does Flash get updated in IE/Edge?

Discus and support How does Flash get updated in IE/Edge? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I noticed I'm at Flash 19.x.x.x in my IE program at work. We use SCCM to determine what updates get pushed out and I'm wondering if maybe something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kelemvor, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Kelemvor Win User

How does Flash get updated in IE/Edge?

So I noticed I'm at Flash 19.x.x.x in my IE program at work. We use SCCM to determine what updates get pushed out and I'm wondering if maybe something isn't configured properly in the setup since we seem to be behind.

Since the critical patch thing came out today we want to get everyone updated but don't know where to find the updates to push them through

Do they show up as Windows Updates for IE? Do they say Flash? Is there a specific naming convention or KB I can look for to find them? Any help would be great.

Thanks!

:)

Kelemvor, Apr 8, 2016

2. After my computer finish updates 2 days ago since then I am not able to play games on Facebook or do anything else online.

Hi Darlene,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

This issue could occur if the Flash player is not updated or due to network connection.

1) Does this issue occur while playing only online games?

2) Have you updated the Flash player?

3) Does this issue occur only with Internet Explorer or other web browsers too?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 8, 2016
  3. SBrexel Win User
    Flash Player does not work in IE compatibility mode

Thanks for the recommendation.

In the meantime we have found a workaround with our externals providing the embedded service.

However, we still do not understand the logic behind compatibility view.

But thanks for the replies.

Regards

Stefan

SBrexel, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

MS will release an update to IE/Edge in Windows 10 since Flash is embedded in the code. It will look like this and comes through Windows Update.

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3144756)

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 8, 2016
  5. second to what phone man said, MS often lag behind on updating flash. Mozilla and various other browsers have a higher current version number than IE11 and edge if you go to 'about' after right clicking something running flash. You'll see the list showing all the latest versions

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How does Flash get updated in IE/Edge? - Similar Threads - does Flash updated

2. update flash player for ie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update flash player for ie: I am unable update flash player windows 10 for internet explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-flash-player-for-ie/908a84bc-81ed-4ee0-9189-f82eed4b3983
  3. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  4. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  5. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. Edge or IE? What more does Edge offer?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or IE? What more does Edge offer?: I've found a few sites don't work well with Edge, and had to use IE to open them. Norton also warns that it is not set up to handle Egde yet compared to IE. So what's the purpose of Edge over IE? I'm struggling to see what it does better, even the favourites are not laid...
  7. Adobe Flash Player Updates for IE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adobe Flash Player Updates for IE: Anyone know what's going on with MS Update for Adobe Flash Player for IE? My installed version per Windows Updates is 19.0.0.207 current version is now 19.0.0.226. These are supposed to be updated by MS but haven't been for about a week now. 26961
  8. how to update microsoft edge built-in flash?

in Browsers and Email
    how to update microsoft edge built-in flash?: i'm stuck at 24.00.194, can't watch any twitter videos but ie 11 with the same flash version 24.00.194 can watch twitter videos. 77459
  9. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303
  10. Surface Pro 4 Not Switching to Headphones with Flash in Edge/IE Only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Not Switching to Headphones with Flash in Edge/IE Only: Recently, when I am playing Flash content in either Edge or IE and then plug in the headphones or connect a Bluetooth speaker device, the sound continues on the speakers and does switch to the headphones or Bluetooth device. Other non-flash web media content (e.g. YouTube),...