Windows 10: How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection

Discus and support How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm curious and just trying to learn. Does anyone have any idea how the system OEMs and/or Microsoft implement the individual folder protection on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oryandunn, Dec 12, 2020.

1. oryandunn Win User

How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection

I'm curious and just trying to learn. Does anyone have any idea how the system OEMs and/or Microsoft implement the individual folder protection on the recovery partition? Most of the folders have a life preserver icon, and when you enter them, Explorer shows a warning message, and removes most all toolbar icons. I've been trying to figure out how these folders are flagged, and where that HP specific warning message is located (is it an html file? an image file? something else?).

I searched the registry for the text "This area of your hard drive" and came up empty. I search the recovery partition itself, and also came up empty. I'm just really curious what mechanisms are in use to make this possible. I believe Dell (and possibly other OEMs) use the same system to protect the recovery partion folders that hold the factory reset images.

How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection [​IMG]

How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection [​IMG]

:)

oryandunn, Dec 12, 2020

2. Help with HP System Recovery partition

well the recovery partition is meant to be burned to cds with the HP recovery manage...

Morrison5891, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Nirbhayk Win User
    recovery oem partition

actually sir i will purchased hp comapny laptop with windows10 os accidently delete oem partition how to recover those oem recovery partition

Nirbhayk, Dec 12, 2020
  4. How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection

OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

This is great. I am on night duty right now. Will be back to home in a couple of hours and I will go through these steps and get back to you guys certainly to post about the results. However, I already have installed the recovery manager for my model yesterday and even before that. This is not searchable though from start menu.

Also, do you guys think it is wise if I delete the other data partitions and leave one C drive as it was originally alongwith recovery partition and then reinstall Windows 8.1. From there as far as I know, I will be able run HP recovery manager and may be able to create recovery media.

Or will this be futile as the recovery partition has been tampered with when I resized the drive?

haiderijaz, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection

1. How does HP/Dell/Microsoft implement OEM recovery partition protection - Similar Threads - does Dell Microsoft

2. Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony: Just out curiosity what happens when you get a Pro Version of Windows and your PC has the Home Version. Can you upgrade OEM Key on motherboard by reactivating with a Pro OEM Key or will you need to keep Pro OEM Key so every time reinstalled Windows you will need to reactivate...
  3. Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony: Just out curiosity what happens when you get a Pro Version of Windows and your PC has the Home Version. Can you upgrade OEM Key on motherboard by reactivating with a Pro OEM Key or will you need to keep Pro OEM Key so every time reinstalled Windows you will need to reactivate...
  4. How many recovery partitions does this need

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many recovery partitions does this need: Im low on diskstorage. Opened disk manager to find the expected recovery1 or2 but 3 recovery parts. each different size and none the standard 500mb that mircosoft claims. one is 900mb / partion2 1.34GB / and lastly a 12.47GB. which one safe to remove. can anyone indicate...
  5. How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?: I want to merge the E and D drive. But cant do it because of the 2 OEM partitions in between. Is there any way to merge the E and D drive on my disk...
  6. restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restoring OEM recovery partition from usb driver: Hey, I backed up the recovery partition on my HP desktop computer to free up some space now need to recover the PC. My issue is I dont know how to put the recovery partition back so that I can run the recovery. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Any help would...
  7. Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?: Hi: Will Win10 automatically "optimize" my SSD "Recovery" drive on schedule? I have reviewed this excellent tutorial (Optimize Drives Schedule Settings - Change in Windows 10) The System Drive and Data Drive are being automatically optimized (TRIM for the SSD and...
  8. Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk): Last night I wiped out my ASUS T100 tablet to clean install TH2. But there is a 7GB Recovery partition from Windows 8.1 that I can't get rid off using Diskpart. Can someone please assist me? [img] 29808
  9. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop: I own an HP 14 AC 016ne. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 originally. I had upgraded the Windows to Windows 10 pro with my own licence key that I had purchased separately. I had also resized my hard drive but I never changed or touched any other partitions on it....
  10. HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?

HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?: Hi, I have the Pavilion 15 with a SSD + HDD. The HP Recovery Partition is on the HDD. For my own comfort I deleted the SSD Partition and did a clean Windows 10 install, from an image grabbed on microsoft.com. I left the Recovery Partition AS IS. My questions...