Windows 10: How does it game for you?

Discus and support How does it game for you? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've managed to install steam without incident, but i'm sure others will test other clients and possibly CD's in time, but has anyone tried gaming on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrNeeds, Oct 1, 2014.

1. MrNeeds Win User

How does it game for you?

I've managed to install steam without incident, but i'm sure others will test other clients and possibly CD's in time, but has anyone tried gaming on Windows DP? I've tried Skyrim and it works flawlessly, albeit, I like mods for that game so I'll see how it copes with a few installed.

:)

MrNeeds, Oct 1, 2014
  2. Entegy Win User

How do I install a game after paying for it? - Rocket Riot, Descent

Since they're not upgrading right, uninstall the demos from your phone by entering the Games Hub and holding your finger down on the game until "uninstall" appears.

Now visit the Marketplace ON THE PHONE (not via the Zune desktop) while on your WiFi connection. Go to any app you've purchased and hit "buy". The phone will say "you have already purchased this app. Download again?" and you tap yes.

Entegy, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    If a game is left open but is it paused does it still use data on a windows phone ?

Hi
    educonnection7188

Your question has been moved by a moderator to the Windows Phone forum for more focused attention by the experts on this subject.

Jetta48, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

I went with a clean install. I will install some games this weekend and post my results.

Dude, Oct 1, 2014
  5. I upgraded from 8.1 and haven't had an issue with any of the games I've tried. I've tried Diablo 3, Sims 4, Pool Nation, Watch Dogs, Trove and Tropico 3. Even GTA 2 played ok. It actually seems like my GPUs are running a bit cooler, but that could just be the ambient temps changing a bit.

blackroseMD1, Oct 1, 2014
  6. bromanbro Win User
    So far seems same as Win8 for me. But alt-tabbing seems a bit awkward. I think Windows gets confused because of multi desktops. Or it's me dunno.

bromanbro, Oct 1, 2014
  7. Indeed, all games, that work on 8.1, work on 10 just fine.

TairikuOkami, Oct 1, 2014
  8. ghostdog Win User

I have two games that I played regular on my 8.1 installation, hope to do an install tomorrow and let you all know How does it game for you? :p

ghostdog, Oct 2, 2014
  9. derek10 Win User
    Half-Life 2 and STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl working like a charm

I will check Wolfenstein The New Order, STALKER Call of Prypiat, Portal 1 and 2, Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite, Burial at sea, etc.

derek10, Oct 3, 2014
  10. I haven't tried any modern games, but I figure other people will. But it runs both Roller Coaster Tycoon 1&2 and if that's not the sign of an operating system that can game I don't know what is.

ShaggyNinja, Oct 3, 2014
  11. derek10 Win User
    Wolfenstein the New Order, which IS a modern game runs fine too after installing DirectX.
    In a nutshell, every game I have, old as Half-life 1 and new as Wolfenstein and Bioshock does work fine.
    Unlike Windows 8 preview.

derek10, Oct 4, 2014
  12. SkiFree works. Only game I haven't gotten to work so far is the 2013 version of Thief.

How does it game for you? [​IMG]

blackroseMD1, Oct 4, 2014
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

Steam install, went without a glitch, SouthPark - Stick of Truth and Skyrim, play well

drivers for my Windows Xbox Controller for PC installed automatically and worked without incident

Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014
  14. Maybe there should be a new thread with a list of working and non-working games like there is for software in the Software and Apps section.

blackroseMD1, Oct 7, 2014
  15. MrNeeds Win User
    We've tried that with Windows 8 when that was a developer preview, it's only valid information until the games get fixed or the OS is released. I'll ask about it though.

link List of Games Working with Windows 8 Developer Preview

MrNeeds, Oct 7, 2014
Thema:

1. How does it game for you? - Similar Threads - does game

2. my sea of thieves does not work, when i go in and everything and then click start game it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sea of thieves does not work, when i go in and everything and then click start game it...: the same thing has happend with my minecraft and ive tried so much i even left my microsoft family and it yet still doesent work, i should be able to play a game i payed for! I am so annoyed and i have sea of thieves on steam....
  3. my sea of thieves does not work, when i go in and everything and then click start game it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sea of thieves does not work, when i go in and everything and then click start game it...: the same thing has happend with my minecraft and ive tried so much i even left my microsoft family and it yet still doesent work, i should be able to play a game i payed for! I am so annoyed and i have sea of thieves on steam....
  4. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  5. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  6. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

7. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

8. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?