Windows 10: How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will...

Discus and support How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft World, I have had this account since I was a 12 year old, I've given the outlook address to a lot of people over the years (I am 21... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A-MAN_190, Dec 19, 2019.

1. A-MAN_190 Win User

How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will...

Hello Microsoft World,

I have had this account since I was a 12 year old, I've given the outlook address to a lot of people over the years (I am 21 now) and most of them have grown estranged to me and some of us are not on the best of terms anymore. There are also a lot of old sites I still get email from that I don't want to bother me on a different email, and to be honest, I am not a big fan of the Outlook UI these days. So, I would like to just delete this ancient account and start over with a fresh one. My question is this, is my Windows 10 license attached to this account? Or is there a different way of verifying the OS? I read somewhere it is verified by the hardware of the EFI/bootloader? If that is true will someone please provide technical details on how it works? Please let me know if Windows will be affected by removing this account. Thanks in advance

--A-MAN

:)

A-MAN_190, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Dec 19, 2019
  4. How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will...

Deleting microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Are you trying to access emails using a Mail app or Office Outlook?

If you are using a Mail app, then I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    If you want to delete the account, then you need to create a new account/use existing Microsoft account and then give administrator permissions to it, then delete the old account.

Or other option is switching to a local account, then when switching a Microsoft account, it will ask you for the account, then enter a different email address and password.

Follow the steps below.

Step 1

Refer the link below to create a new account and to switch to a local account.

Set up accounts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Step 2

Follow the steps to change the account type of the new account to administrator by navigating to user accounts under control panel:

a. Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.

b. Click on User accounts.

c. Click on Manage another account.

d. Click on the new account that you have just created.

e. Click on Change account type settings.

f. Click on Change account type.

g. Click on Administrator.

h. Click on Change account type.

i. Restart the computer and log in through the new administrator account.

Step 3

To remove the account log into your old account and delete it.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will...

1. How does licensing work? I would like to delete this Microsoft account and replace it. Will... - Similar Threads - does licensing delete

2. If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...: Curious as I've seen no answers regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-a-gmail-that-was-used-to-make-a-microsoft/9ffe3234-21d7-415c-a7d4-112cfea0bce5
  3. If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...: Curious as I've seen no answers regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-a-gmail-that-was-used-to-make-a-microsoft/9ffe3234-21d7-415c-a7d4-112cfea0bce5
  4. If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Hello, I would like help to change the date of birth of this Microsoft account, how can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I would like help to change the date of birth of this Microsoft account, how can I...: Microsoft technical support recommended me to write here, since the solution that was to create an adult account and change family members from Microsoft did not work, it does not let me modify the minor's account, that is, this *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Hello, I would like help to change the date of birth of this Microsoft account, how can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I would like help to change the date of birth of this Microsoft account, how can I...: Microsoft technical support recommended me to write here, since the solution that was to create an adult account and change family members from Microsoft did not work, it does not let me modify the minor's account, that is, this *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. How would I find out which Microsoft account my Windows 10 is licensed to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would I find out which Microsoft account my Windows 10 is licensed to?: I have two Microsoft accounts and Settings on Window just says it is licensed to your Microsoft account, but doesn't say which one submitted by /u/Luna259 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpvnb4/how_would_i_find_out_which_microsoft_account_my/
  8. I absolutely hate Windows 10. Would like to delete it and replace with my previous windows.

in Cortana
    I absolutely hate Windows 10. Would like to delete it and replace with my previous windows.: I have had windows 10 for a long time. Absolutely hate everything about it. Is there a way to go back to windows I had before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-absolutely-hate-windows-10-would-like-to-delete/a5f52f31-63ba-484d-8d80-9eeaa4da4af4"
  9. I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account.: Under Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts > Accounts used by other apps: I would like to delete an EMAIL account, NOT a USER account. Everything on here tells how to delete a USER account. That's not what I'm after. When there is no simple DELETE button, how...
  10. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093