Windows 10: How does Microsoft get away with hijacking people's computers?

Discus and support How does Microsoft get away with hijacking people's computers? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so before we begin, let it be known that I don't take BS from anyone and I am not stupid. I am absolutely livid and had enough of this monopoly of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobGreen..., Jul 15, 2020.

1. How does Microsoft get away with hijacking people's computers?

Ok so before we begin, let it be known that I don't take BS from anyone and I am not stupid. I am absolutely livid and had enough of this monopoly of control and privacy invasion from microsoft. Understood? Ok, we shall begin:

2 days or so ago I built a whole new computer. I decided to go with windows 10 as I want to play the new flight simulator 2020, so didn't really have a choice.
    Of course, in order to use the store, I had to login in to my microsoft account, so I did, not too big a deal.
    However, I soon realised that actually, my whole use of the computer was being processed through the microsoft account, not just the use of the store.

I was also asked to verify with my phone number too which is also BS as you don't know my number so all you are verifying, is that I have a phone, and now you have my number.

At some point I was getting annoyed that I was still logged in to my microsoft account as my use of my brand new, personal computer "PC" is nothing to do with microsoft, so I attempted to change that.

I found that the only way to do that was to change the account to a "local account," so I did.

However, it asked me for a new password. I thought that strange as **** did my PC password have to do with microsoft just because I had used the store?

I thought to ymself that it seemed a lot like I had just been tricked in to making a new "local account" through my microsoft account, but I was busy, and I was tired, so I moved on.

I just logged in for the first time today and lo and behold, for the first time ever on my "own" PC, I was asked to use my "pin number!!" **** **** ****!? I have never used a pin number in my life!? I am apparently logged in as "administrator" on my "local account," and yet I had to use a pin number, which is only my microsoft account.!?!? What the hell!? This is NOT my original local account!!!!!!!!!!

So - it turns out I am right - "my" PC no longer has my "own" local administrator account, it has a new one, that I was tricked in to making through my microsoft account.
    After a quick search, it appears a LOT of people have noticed this too, but every time someone posts something somewhere, some snivelling microsoft employee starts giving them BS about changing to a local account.
    No one seems to realise that actually, that local account is a new one, not the original.

THIS IS LITERALLY A BRAND NEW COMPUTER AND YET I SOMEHOW HAVE TO SIGN IN TO MY PERSONAL ADMIN ACCOUNT WITH THE PIN NUMBER I USE ONLY FOR MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT!?!?!?!?!? YOU HAVE HIJACKED MY COMPUTER!!!!!!! HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS!?!?!?

:)

RobGreen..., Jul 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge Hijacked by yahoo

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by Microsoft Edge hijacked by yahoo?

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Microsoft Edge?

• What are the steps have you tried?

• Since when are you facing the issue?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jul 15, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 15, 2020
  4. How does Microsoft get away with hijacking people's computers?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

How does Microsoft get away with hijacking people's computers?

1. How does Microsoft get away with hijacking people's computers? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft away

2. PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search somethin up, right before result come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  3. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  4. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  5. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  7. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  8. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator: This is completely unacceptable. Microsoft should compensate for wasted electricity. Not only the computer is running but the screens are forced to stay on too which normally turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. I have wasted 24+ hours on this nonsense. Some of the...
  10. Microsoft is hijacking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is hijacking my computer: It has been months now since the latest Windows 10 upgrade and I am going in circles with this upgrade. It barely finished installing it that it starts downloading again, slows down my computer, not allowing me to work, practically hijacking my computer. I have had...