Windows 10: How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top?

Discus and support How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The window of the "inspect.exe" application can always stay on top of other windows, even when it is not focused. Its window will even be on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by larry.li, Nov 27, 2022.

1. larry.li Win User

How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top?

The window of the "inspect.exe" application can always stay on top of other windows, even when it is not focused. Its window will even be on the taskbar, above the application switching window of Alt + Tab. What technology is used in this magic?Only when "inspect.exe" app stays on top of other windows when it's on C drive, when I put "inspect.exe" app on D drive it becomes mediocre only its window gets focus It will be on top of other windows, which is the same as the general top window, if it is not on the C drive, even if I run it with administrator privileges, it does not have the magic o

:)

larry.li, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Do you receive any error message when you run the .exe installer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

As you have mentioned that you have Kaspersky installed on the computer, it could be that Kaspersky is blocking the installers to run. I suggest you to try disabling Kaspersky and see if that helps. Please follow the steps to disable Kaspersky:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Now, click on Settings.
    3. Click on Additional and then click on
      Self-Defense.
    4. Clear the check box for
      Enable Self-Defense to disable Kaspersky.
    5. If you receive any prompt, click on Continue.

Note: Disabling Antivirus software may open the computer to threats. Make sure to enable it after performing the troubleshooting.

You can also check if the application that you are trying to run is Quarantined by Kaspersky. If the application is Quarantined, restore the application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Click on More tools.
    3. In the Tools window, click on
      Quarantine
    4. Look for the .exe installer that you are trying to run. If you find the installer, right click on it and select
      Restore to restore it to its original location.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

1. How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft's inspect

2. Where does this .exe store its pane layout?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does this .exe store its pane layout?: I am using a portable? exe, not requiring an install.https://www.mazdak-alborz.com/download - evanIt allows to drag its panes, which it remembers between sessions.The pane layout is now in a corrupted state, one pane does not show up and I would like to "reset" it.I was...
  3. Where does this .exe store its pane layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does this .exe store its pane layout?: I am using a portable? exe, not requiring an install.https://www.mazdak-alborz.com/download - evanIt allows to drag its panes, which it remembers between sessions.The pane layout is now in a corrupted state, one pane does not show up and I would like to "reset" it.I was...
  4. Where does this .exe store its pane layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top?

How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top?: The window of the "inspect.exe" application can always stay on top of other windows, even when it is not focused. Its window will even be on the taskbar, above the application switching window of Alt + Tab. What technology is used in this magic?Only when "inspect.exe" app...
  6. How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How does Microsoft's "inspect.exe" application keep its window on top?: The window of the "inspect.exe" application can always stay on top of other windows, even when it is not focused. Its window will even be on the taskbar, above the application switching window of Alt + Tab. What technology is used in this magic?Only when "inspect.exe" app...
  7. Any tool to inspect other application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any tool to inspect other application: Hello people, is there any app for Windows 11 Compatible with this OS which can inspect through the apps? Like Browser have inspect element. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-tool-to-inspect-other-application/48ccfea5-20a0-4804-a762-cc65b3abf46b
  8. Any tool to inspect other application

Any tool to inspect other application: Hello people, is there any app for Windows 11 Compatible with this OS which can inspect through the apps? Like Browser have inspect element. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-tool-to-inspect-other-application/48ccfea5-20a0-4804-a762-cc65b3abf46b
  9. How to keep a window always on top?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep a window always on top?: Hey, As title states, I want to keep a window always on top, preferably windows explorer and maybe Word. I can't use 3rd party software because it's a work pc and they won't let you download/install anything, so I'm looking for a solution that's baked into windows 10. Is...
  10. How to keep a window on top?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep a window on top?: I used a program called "Always On Top" but it's not working with Windows 10 anymore. It helps you to keep a window always on top even when you click a window behind it. Any alternative programs that work with Windows 10? Edit: Downloaded the latest version, now it's...