Windows 10: How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account

Discus and support How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a family group. My kid is a middle schooler and I don't have him buy anything, I buy everything and then just put it on his computer or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Darth_Angry, Jun 2, 2021.

1. How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account

I have a family group. My kid is a middle schooler and I don't have him buy anything, I buy everything and then just put it on his computer or dl/install. Like i did with the original minecraft several years ago. I bought dungeons through the MS store expecting it to behave like steam or to just let me dl and install. Boy was i wrong. So it will only install on his computer on my admin account. That doesn't fly. I need him to be able to play it on his account. After a lot of frustration and wasted time, i have determined that you can't "share" this game and cannot set up a "home" pc.

:)

Darth_Angry, Jun 2, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 2, 2021
  3. haffy Win User
    Kids user accounts and family settings

Thanks for the links.

I want to create the kids family accounts but it forces you to assign /create an email even after selecting no email . then trying to enter something that is similar to their name doesnt work either as i get errors 'part of reserved domain' even when i put total random characters.

All i want to do is add the existing local kids accounts to the family list but it doesn't let me do that without assigning them an email? Is this correct?

This new MS stuff sucks its just not that straightforward and they are trying to force you into email accounts when you dont want one.

haffy, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account

Windows 10 Kids Security

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• Is the issue confined to a particular user account?
    • What type of account have you logged into? Is it a Microsoft account or local account?
    • Have you logged in as an Administrator?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to restrict your kid to use computer?

To turn on Family Safety, you or at least one designated parent needs an
    administrator account; the kids you choose to monitor each need a standard user account.

To check whether the account you are logged in is administrator or not please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type netplwiz and hit enter.
    • See the account you are logged in with.

If you are not logged in as an administrator, I suggest you try logging in as administrator and check.

I would recommend you to reconfigure the Family Safety settings and check if it works.

You can refer link below to setup the account.

Set up your kids' accounts in Family Safety

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Once that is setup, refer this link to setup the limits for the accounts.

Limit when and how your kids can use the PC

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account

1. How does my kid play the copy of dungeions i bought him on my account - Similar Threads - does kid play

2. How can I link my game pass account to my kids account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I link my game pass account to my kids account: Wants to play Minecraft on laptop. Account is signed in and linked but requested to join gamepass instead of it just being there. I'd rather not buy this game for the 8th time‍...
  3. How can I link my game pass account to my kids account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I link my game pass account to my kids account: Wants to play Minecraft on laptop. Account is signed in and linked but requested to join gamepass instead of it just being there. I'd rather not buy this game for the 8th time‍...
  4. I just want to play minecraft with my kid!!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I just want to play minecraft with my kid!!!: please for the love of god someone help me!! I have tried litterly everything and still cant get the damn game to work!! my kid was on in seconds on her tablet but the laptop/pc version just wont work!! im getting messages of "something has gone wrong on our end" which never...
  5. I just want to play minecraft with my kid!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just want to play minecraft with my kid!!!: please for the love of god someone help me!! I have tried litterly everything and still cant get the damn game to work!! my kid was on in seconds on her tablet but the laptop/pc version just wont work!! im getting messages of "something has gone wrong on our end" which never...
  6. I just want to play minecraft with my kid!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Minecraft - playing a game with my kid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft - playing a game with my kid: [ATTACH] I have two copies of this game. I have two Windows 10 PCs. How do I play co-op with my son? Edit: when I try to play, it says I'm logged in at another location. Is there any way of associating one of these licenses with my wife's account or something?...
  8. I can't add kids to my family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't add kids to my family account.: I'm trying to add kids to my Family Profile. I can't get past this error message no matter how many times I try. "Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while."...
  9. Setup family account for my kids

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setup family account for my kids: I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it says that ithe email does not exist. What has happened here as it's definitely been registered. And confirm email sent. Please...
  10. I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Gave my friend my old PC. We created an account for him on my profile and gave him admin...: Not sure what to do. We first added him as an Other user and it did thte same thing. We thought that adding him as a family member and giving him admin rights would fix the issue but it shte same thing. He logs in and then the start menu doesnt work and he cant do...