Windows 10: How does my screen rotate with some kind of touch pad combination gesture?

Discus and support How does my screen rotate with some kind of touch pad combination gesture? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Sony Viao laptop with the latest version of Windows. Every so often I'll be using my touchpad to move my cursor and all of a sudden my entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TralineSpencer, Mar 4, 2019.

1. How does my screen rotate with some kind of touch pad combination gesture?

I have a Sony Viao laptop with the latest version of Windows. Every so often I'll be using my touchpad to move my cursor and all of a sudden my entire screen flips sideways. I'm not pressing any keys at all on my keyboard when this happens. I'm thinking it has to be some kind of programmed motion or combination of touchpad gestures that makes this happen, but I can't figure out what combination of motions I'm using on my touchpad to make this happen. I know how to flip it back using Ctrl + Alt + "up arrow key", but I want to know what I'm doing on my touchpad to make this happen.

:)

TralineSpencer, Mar 4, 2019

2. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Mar 4, 2019
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

I've searched through a number of previous postings before posting this. I think this issue hasn't been discussed previously.

I own a Lenovo Ideapad s400 touch laptop, running Windows 10 - this has a touchscreen. Ideally, one should be able to use the touchscreen or the touch pad and gestures, independently without affecting each other. What I face is that, once I start using touchscreen,
    the touch pad gestures stop working after a while. For example, two finger swipe up and down to scroll, three finger swipe to shrink and catenate open windows - these features stop working. They come back when I restart the laptop - but I don't understand
    why this annoying thing keeps happening. Touchscreen is good for certain things, but touchpad is certainly better for other things like selecting text, scrolling. The touch pad gestures stop working for all applications, fyi. Any suggestions?

RakeshS_87, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

How does my screen rotate with some kind of touch pad combination gesture?

Mouse pad sometimes is multi touch???

My wife also has a Toshiba Notebook and gets frustrated by the Touch pad [not to be confused with a mouse pad] when typing so she keeps it turned off and uses a wireless mouse. Some Touch pads have a "gesture" feature using 2 fingers, especially those with the Touch Screen, similar to SmartPhones and Tablets.

Berton, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

How does my screen rotate with some kind of touch pad combination gesture?

1. How does my screen rotate with some kind of touch pad combination gesture? - Similar Threads - does screen rotate

2. Touch pad does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad does not work: My PC touch pad recently in the past three days not working, what is the solution?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-does-not-work/b0b45e8b-1919-4c1c-ac53-5528cef77d10
  3. Touch pad does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad does not work: My PC touch pad recently in the past three days not working, what is the solution?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-does-not-work/b0b45e8b-1919-4c1c-ac53-5528cef77d10
  4. Regarding issue with my touch pad gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding issue with my touch pad gestures not working: Hi i have been using a Dell Vostro 3401 from past 2 years but after updating my os to win11 i have been facing issues in my laptop like some times my mouse pointer dissapears, unable to move the mouse pointer but now i have facing issue such i can access the mouse pointer...
  5. Regarding issue with my touch pad gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding issue with my touch pad gestures not working: Hi i have been using a Dell Vostro 3401 from past 2 years but after updating my os to win11 i have been facing issues in my laptop like some times my mouse pointer dissapears, unable to move the mouse pointer but now i have facing issue such i can access the mouse pointer...
  6. Touch Pad Gestures is not working

Touch Pad Gestures is not working: I Tried a clean install from windows 7 to windows 10. I installed all driver updates from windows update and I used "Driver easy" application for install all drivers. I enabled all features of my touchpad multi-finger gestures like two-finger scrolling ,three finger press,...
  7. How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES

How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES: Hello, I am new to the HP family, I purchased a laptop today, its the HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 From Walmart I like the laptop so far, however, the touch pad gestures are excessively IRRITATING and I can not seem to find any option to either A Disable the Touch pad gesture...
  8. Touch pad and touch screen not functioning

Touch pad and touch screen not functioning: I got up this morning and things that have always worked just fine, are not this morning. No touch screen, no touch pad. Tried to solve issue through settings, and they are not listed. I am downloading update for Windows 10 but not sure if this will solve the issue. I have a...
  9. Touch Pad Two Finger Gesture not working

Touch Pad Two Finger Gesture not working: Helllo, The two finger gesture on my touch pad for my Inspiron 15 5000 series model 5567 is not working. Many of the solutions online state to go to the device manager and go to touchpad, but it doesn't show up. What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  10. Touch-pad four finger gestures does not work. Windows 10

Touch-pad four finger gestures does not work. Windows 10: Hi, please help me with this. I have HP Pavilion , my all gesturing besides four-finger (for changing from desktop 1 to 2) work. I have updated the drivers but nothing has changed. Please help me with this. Thasnks......