Windows 10: How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key

Discus and support How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using the NCrypt API to create a persisted named key backed by the TPM store and en/decrypt data with it. So far working fine. Now I want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Assaf Levy, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key

Hello,

I'm using the NCrypt API to create a persisted named key backed by the TPM store and en/decrypt data with it. So far working fine.

Now I want to use that key in Linux.

What I'd like to know is how exactly does NCryptCreatePersistedKey work in relation to the cryptographic operations and how does it interact with the TPM, so that I may decrypt data on Linux that was encrypted on Windows.

Thanks!

:)

Assaf Levy, Jun 29, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to revoke GTA IV key

It's a very long key on the booklet, so you are saying thats the issue?

P4-630, Jun 29, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    How to revoke GTA IV key

The retail verison of GTA 4 that you passed on to your nephew contains a cd key... Does it look like this:
    • Grand Theft Auto IV CD Keys in this format: 1ABCD-D3FGH-45I67 (not actual key)
    If not and the key looks different, it can't be activated on Steam. That may be why he's having difficulty. Taken from here

manofthem, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key

1. How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key - Similar Threads - does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually

2. how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?: alright, so I want to disable the function keys due to how annoying they are in some games but everything I've tried has failed, I've tried pressing,FN + caps lock,FN + esc but they do not work, and I don't wanna have to hold down FN every time I wanna do something...
  3. how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I ACTUALLY disable FN keys?: alright, so I want to disable the function keys due to how annoying they are in some games but everything I've tried has failed, I've tried pressing,FN + caps lock,FN + esc but they do not work, and I don't wanna have to hold down FN every time I wanna do something...
  4. can MICROSOFT actually solve MICROSOFT 0x800f0922 persistent issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can MICROSOFT actually solve MICROSOFT 0x800f0922 persistent issue?: please avoid posting SELF-HELP manual. MICROSOFT should heal this via valid UPDATE.please comment this. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-microsoft-actually-solve-microsoft-0x800f0922/0baed3e2-90f6-4a0c-858a-8dbe1b24b963
  5. can MICROSOFT actually solve MICROSOFT 0x800f0922 persistent issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can MICROSOFT actually solve MICROSOFT 0x800f0922 persistent issue?: please avoid posting SELF-HELP manual. MICROSOFT should heal this via valid UPDATE.please comment this. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-microsoft-actually-solve-microsoft-0x800f0922/0baed3e2-90f6-4a0c-858a-8dbe1b24b963
  6. can MICROSOFT actually solve MICROSOFT 0x800f0922 persistent issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How does automatic backup actually work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does automatic backup actually work?: So I just recently backed up to an external storage while having the "automatic backup" option turned on. Does this mean whenever I connect my external drive again it will automatically back up? Should I disable that option just in case? submitted by /u/qwert1225 [link]...
  8. How much does Windows 10 actually cost?

How much does Windows 10 actually cost?: I'm a Linux user who needs to migrate to Windows for several reasons. I'm confused because the official Microsoft website offers a certain (quite expensive) price to obtain Windows 10, while other non-official websites offer access keys for much, much less. Do these actually...
  9. Actual Activation key

Actual Activation key: So i have problem, which will teach my to make sure I noted what I key I use where. But I upgrade my uncles PC from window 10 core to pro, with one of my Windows 10 pro keys ( they are all actual Window 7 Ultimate/pro keys) they active windows 10 none the less. Now I made...
  10. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...