Windows 10: How does one align tiles on Start menu?

Discus and support How does one align tiles on Start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't use many tiles, but would like a a more streamlined menu - problem is I can't get the tiles to align vertically..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superfly, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Superfly Win User

How does one align tiles on Start menu?

Superfly, Oct 18, 2014
  2. fippan Win User

File Explorer Tiles Icons and Text Misaligned

That does unfortunately not solve my issue.

Im using the "Tiles" layout just like in the picture in the first post.

Im looking for a way to change the alignment within the "Tiles" layout so the icons is aligned to the left and the text aligned in the middle vertically, not how it is shown in the picture.

Appreciative of any help on this.

fippan, Oct 18, 2014
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    How To clean cache in Ovi maps..???

No idea, sorry. Years back I looked into the tile structure. Actually, it is not country based but just tiles. However, I never understood how they are aligned. One would think about coordinates, never found a pattern which made sense. No idea.

Abi99 (2), Oct 18, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

It seems to be the same as a column in 8.1 start screen - you have to fill it in in normal size tile squares one wide tile wide from top left. You can use a small tile to reserve the whole (normal size tile) space if you put something bigger underneath so it can not jump up.

Attachment 7180

adamf, Oct 18, 2014
Thema:

1. How does one align tiles on Start menu? - Similar Threads - does align tiles

2. Accent colour does not show on Start Menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent colour does not show on Start Menu tiles.: As you can see in the screenshot, the preview at the top of the screen shows the start menu should have a grey background with blue accented tiles. However, the accent colour does not show on the start menu tiles, instead everything is grey,I have tried all combinations of...
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment

Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment: The wallpaper inconsistently mis-aligns to the screen in the fullscreen start menu. It is aligned properly outside of the menu. I've tried: - toggling transparency effects off & back on - changing the wallpaper - disconnecting & reconnecting the laptop from the hub -...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. removing MANY tiles from start menu -- one-by-one not an option

removing MANY tiles from start menu -- one-by-one not an option: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade from Windows 8.1. Now, on the right side of the start menu there are tons of tiles, for every single application that I had installed, and more. How do I remove ALL of the tiles? Besides one-by-one, right click and unpinning. Are they in...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard 3050 loc:US