Windows 10: How does one align tiles on Start menu?

Discus and support How does one align tiles on Start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't use many tiles, but would like a a more streamlined menu - problem is I can't get the tiles to align vertically..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superfly, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Superfly Win User

How does one align tiles on Start menu?

Superfly, Oct 18, 2014
  2. fippan Win User

File Explorer Tiles Icons and Text Misaligned

That does unfortunately not solve my issue.

Im using the "Tiles" layout just like in the picture in the first post.

Im looking for a way to change the alignment within the "Tiles" layout so the icons is aligned to the left and the text aligned in the middle vertically, not how it is shown in the picture.

Appreciative of any help on this.

fippan, Oct 18, 2014
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    How To clean cache in Ovi maps..???

No idea, sorry. Years back I looked into the tile structure. Actually, it is not country based but just tiles. However, I never understood how they are aligned. One would think about coordinates, never found a pattern which made sense. No idea.

Abi99 (2), Oct 18, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

It seems to be the same as a column in 8.1 start screen - you have to fill it in in normal size tile squares one wide tile wide from top left. You can use a small tile to reserve the whole (normal size tile) space if you put something bigger underneath so it can not jump up.

Attachment 7180

adamf, Oct 18, 2014
Thema:

1. How does one align tiles on Start menu? - Similar Threads - does align tiles

2. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.: I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409
  3. removing MANY tiles from start menu -- one-by-one not an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    removing MANY tiles from start menu -- one-by-one not an option: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade from Windows 8.1. Now, on the right side of the start menu there are tons of tiles, for every single application that I had installed, and more. How do I remove ALL of the tiles? Besides one-by-one, right click and unpinning. Are they in...
  4. Start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  5. How To Be Able To Place Start Menu Tiles Anywher On Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Be Able To Place Start Menu Tiles Anywher On Start Menu: I've expanded the size of the Start Menu so I can put a lot of Tiles there, but when I drag a Tile to a new location it sometimes bounces back to where it had been. Other times moving a Tile somewhere will cause another Tile so shift to somewhere else. How can I instruct the...
  6. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  7. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  8. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...
  9. How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?: How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu? I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only one row of tiles and I would like to make the column narrower, but I haven't been able to. I made the double arrows show on the...
  10. Start Menu tiles darkening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles darkening: This happens when I click "All Apps" in the Start menu followed by scrolling/clicking. The icons also get pixelated and blurry. The issue seemed to be related to Intel HD4600 graphic as the issue did not surface when I disabled it and run solely on discrete GPU on my laptop....