How does one align tiles on Start menu?

Discus and support How does one align tiles on Start menu? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I don't use many tiles, but would like a a more streamlined menu - problem is I can't get the tiles to align vertically..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superfly, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Oct 18, 2014
  2. fippan Win User

File Explorer Tiles Icons and Text Misaligned

That does unfortunately not solve my issue.

Im using the "Tiles" layout just like in the picture in the first post.

Im looking for a way to change the alignment within the "Tiles" layout so the icons is aligned to the left and the text aligned in the middle vertically, not how it is shown in the picture.

Appreciative of any help on this.

fippan, Oct 18, 2014
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    How To clean cache in Ovi maps..???

No idea, sorry. Years back I looked into the tile structure. Actually, it is not country based but just tiles. However, I never understood how they are aligned. One would think about coordinates, never found a pattern which made sense. No idea.

Abi99 (2), Oct 18, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

It seems to be the same as a column in 8.1 start screen - you have to fill it in in normal size tile squares one wide tile wide from top left. You can use a small tile to reserve the whole (normal size tile) space if you put something bigger underneath so it can not jump up.

Attachment 7180

adamf, Oct 19, 2014
Thema:

How does one align tiles on Start menu? - Similar Threads - does align tiles

1. Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does File History backup Changed/Added Files or All Monitored Files?: Windows 10 Pro v1803 I'm sure when I first used File History with Windows 8.x or Windows 10 (can't quite remember) it backed up everything then backed up news files plus copies of changed files. I noticed the other day loads of files were missing in the File History backup...
  2. Microsoft Office 2010, Does Product Key have to be in caps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Office 2010, Does Product Key have to be in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  3. calendar.google.com wants to...Re: What Does This Mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    calendar.google.com wants to...Re: What Does This Mean?: Almost always when I open up calendar (Chrome up to date) I get that message. Does that mean if I click allow I will get a desktop pop up notification every time an event comes up. I don't get that now and I certainly don't want that to happen. If I click block will that...
  4. Windows Maps App does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Maps App does not work: When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen: [img] I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the screen locks up - that is, nothing happens when I click on Offline maps, and nothing else can be clicked on the screen, other that...
  5. Does anyone have any on removing vibration from an exteral source

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone have any on removing vibration from an exteral source: I'll explain, my father in-law is a professional musician. He has large external speakers witch is connected to the PC and his other equipment. Sometimes the music he plays must be very loud, now here is the computer problem. Occasionally he has issues with the Power supply...
  6. Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?: Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not, I'd think that many Win 10 users would love to have this feature. I've been using an Android app to get this done but would...
  7. Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update: Creators Update bringed us a lot of bugs in Windows 10. One of them is a problem with the icons on desktop. Everytime I reboot I see this: [img] I have marked "Align icons to grid option": [img] To fix the problem I have to check "Auto arrange icons" option...
How does one align tiles on Start menu? solved