How does one align tiles on Start menu?

Discus and support How does one align tiles on Start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't use many tiles, but would like a a more streamlined menu - problem is I can't get the tiles to align vertically..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superfly, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Superfly Win User

Superfly, Oct 18, 2014
  2. fippan Win User

File Explorer Tiles Icons and Text Misaligned

That does unfortunately not solve my issue.

Im using the "Tiles" layout just like in the picture in the first post.

Im looking for a way to change the alignment within the "Tiles" layout so the icons is aligned to the left and the text aligned in the middle vertically, not how it is shown in the picture.

Appreciative of any help on this.

fippan, Oct 18, 2014
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    How To clean cache in Ovi maps..???

No idea, sorry. Years back I looked into the tile structure. Actually, it is not country based but just tiles. However, I never understood how they are aligned. One would think about coordinates, never found a pattern which made sense. No idea.

Abi99 (2), Oct 18, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

It seems to be the same as a column in 8.1 start screen - you have to fill it in in normal size tile squares one wide tile wide from top left. You can use a small tile to reserve the whole (normal size tile) space if you put something bigger underneath so it can not jump up.

Attachment 7180

adamf, Oct 18, 2014
Thema:

1. How does one align tiles on Start menu? - Similar Threads - does align tiles

2. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.: First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming....
  3. how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?: In the process of changing settings, I accidentally turned off the keyboard backlight so I cannot see it in the dark anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-on-the-keyboard-backlight/b363df38-bacf-4bf7-b125-2c75bc1dc937
  4. How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown

How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown: I made contact with a company using their email address in the form of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (- I have changed the name to protect the company concerned but the STYLE is the same form) Despite many attempts to remove the said address I am unable to...
  5. How do I install Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Cortana?: I recently reinstalled Windows and, much to my surprise, Cortana wasn't installed. How do I install her? 116169
  6. [SOLVED]How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

[SOLVED]How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?: There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1805.1361.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Time.exe"...
  7. How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?: I just got a new Win10 laptop and I am completely sick of the constant requests to set up a PIN code for login. Before anyone tries to convince me how awesome it is.... I DO NOT WANT A PIN CODE !!! I have done various combinations of setting up a PIN code, deleting it in...
  8. How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?: There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1805.1361.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Time.exe"...
  9. How do I change this computer from me to my son !

How do I change this computer from me to my son !: How do I change this computer from me to my son ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-change-this-computer-from-me-to-my-son/d957f812-9d8b-4073-abfc-f5937e12b0d9
  10. How do I install Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I install Cortana?: I recently reinstalled Windows and, much to my surprise, Cortana wasn't installed. How do I install her? 116169