Windows 10: how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10

Discus and support how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brotherraphael, May 8, 2019.

1. how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10

how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10?

:)

brotherraphael, May 8, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 8, 2019
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10 :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10 :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 8, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, May 8, 2019
Thema:

how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10

1. how does one creat a disk image for security and restore in windows 10 - Similar Threads - does creat disk

2. How to create a windows 10 image to restore on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a windows 10 image to restore on new SSD.: I have a laptop with the following drive information:C: 236 GB Free Space 4.16 GB Lenovo primary SSDThis is windows drive911GB A Secondary HDDWith the Following partitions:F: 247 GB with free 247 GBD: 664 GB with free 39 GBI am using Windows 10, And some of the programs use...
  3. How to create a windows 10 image to restore on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a windows 10 image to restore on new SSD.: I have a laptop with the following drive information:C: 236 GB Free Space 4.16 GB Lenovo primary SSDThis is windows drive911GB A Secondary HDDWith the Following partitions:F: 247 GB with free 247 GBD: 664 GB with free 39 GBI am using Windows 10, And some of the programs use...
  4. How to create a windows 10 image to restore on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to create disk image backup to Dropbox - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create disk image backup to Dropbox - Windows 10: I want to use Dropbox as my backup location for the disk image of my computer. When I launch Control Panel>Backup and Restore, the only options for backup locations is external hard drives connected to the computer. If I click Save on a Network>Browse, there are no...
  6. Create / restore disk image in windows7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create / restore disk image in windows7: I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where...
  7. How Create a System Restore Disk

How Create a System Restore Disk: Hi, I have a brand new computer. How do I make a system restore disk? Thank you, Eileen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-create-a-system-restore-disk/349b769c-dba5-44ab-b219-cda007cb2ebc
  8. Restore a windows 10 disk image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...
  9. Help, how to create factory image disk?

Help, how to create factory image disk?: First of all, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. My device is a ASUS K55vd notebook. When I was running on windows 7 I successfully created a factory image disk via ASUS ai recovery application (a five bootable disk). Then I decided to upgrade my hdd to ssd. My idea is...
  10. Restore with disk image

Restore with disk image: How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737