Windows 10: How does one get in touch with a person who works for Microsoft?

Discus and support How does one get in touch with a person who works for Microsoft? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Zune that I really would like to keep using. My issue is not with the device, but rather getting the Zune software. I am able to download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dragun50, Oct 28, 2019.

1. dragun50 Win User

How does one get in touch with a person who works for Microsoft?

I have a Zune that I really would like to keep using. My issue is not with the device, but rather getting the Zune software. I am able to download the Zune Setup Pkg, but after running it, it needs to go to a Microsoft server in order to actually install the software. This is where the problem is.

I get Server Error: 404 File or directory not found.

I would really appreciate a person from Microsoft explain why one is not able to make use of the Zune.

It works fine when one can get the software.

Thank you

:)

dragun50, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 28, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Touch Devices

Hi Edwin....

Yes, it works on 8.1, at least on my surface pro 3.

Couldn't do a screenshot cause can't get to Snipping tool while keyboard is up, so I did a "step recording". See attached. Pardon the background, it's my Granddaughter! Cheers! *Cool

f14tomcat, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How does one get in touch with a person who works for Microsoft? - Similar Threads - does touch person

2. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  3. Who does microsoft think they are?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  4. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to verify a person who claims to be a Microsoft employee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to verify a person who claims to be a Microsoft employee: How do I verify Peter Fulton employ ID MSFT 7006PF is a microsoft employee? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-verify-a-person-who-claims-to-be-a/b9c22e9e-7210-4165-9a0b-f77b314afae5
  6. How to verify a person who claims to be a Microsoft employee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to verify a person who claims to be a Microsoft employee: How do I verify Peter Fulton employ ID MSFT 7006PF is a microsoft employee? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-verify-a-person-who-claims-to-be-a/b9c22e9e-7210-4165-9a0b-f77b314afae5
  7. How to verify a person who claims to be a Microsoft employee

8. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated: I am not seeing this covered, unless I am using the wrong key words.Since my personal vault has 2FA, and uses my fingerprint, how can a trusted person such as my wife get into my account if I am incapacitated or deceased? Thanks. Mike K....
  9. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated: I am not seeing this covered, unless I am using the wrong key words.Since my personal vault has 2FA, and uses my fingerprint, how can a trusted person such as my wife get into my account if I am incapacitated or deceased? Thanks. Mike K....
  10. How do I connect with an actual human support person who works for Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect with an actual human support person who works for Microsoft?: This used to be relatively easy, but all I get recently are bots and idiots who won't even identify themselves as such. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-with-an-actual-human-support/dd9f2131-cb62-4c34-be3d-95acceb2bd3b