Windows 10: How does one lock the taskbar?

Discus and support How does one lock the taskbar? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hoxxer., May 30, 2022.

1. hoxxer. Win User

How does one lock the taskbar?

I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome, is maximized. Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode will also not stay off and every time I restart Settings, it turns back on. I thought it might be 3rd party taskbar software I was using called TaskbarX but after uninstalling and restarting my computer the issue persists. I am using Windows 10 Home version 21H

:)

hoxxer., May 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 30, 2022
  3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 30, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, May 30, 2022
Thema:

1. How does one lock the taskbar? - Similar Threads - does lock taskbar

2. How to lock the taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock the taskbar icons?: How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into them? Something like that was in Win 7 by default. And I don't mean Lock the taskbar option....
  3. How to lock the taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock the taskbar icons?: How can I lock the taskbar pinned icons shortcuts to programs so that they have their own fixed zone and you can't move opened programs icons into them? Something like that was in Win 7 by default. And I don't mean Lock the taskbar option....
  4. How Does one go about these ones here.

How Does one go about these ones here.: Hello, I erased my laptop and decided to install Windows 10 using an ISO file that I downloaded from the Microsoft website. The installation process was successful until I encountered an error message. It is a code 80070002 error that pops up every time I boot my laptop....
  5. How does one lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How does one lock the taskbar?: I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome,...
  6. How does one lock the taskbar?

How does one lock the taskbar?: I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome,...
  7. How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock the order of the icons in the taskbar: On a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10 Pro. I want to lock the order of the taskbar icons so that they cannot be rearranged. The 'Lock Taskbar' option does not do this and only prevents the icons from being removed. Any ideas?...
  8. Lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock the taskbar?: In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it? 118959
  9. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502
  10. How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps: I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled items are still showing up on the...