Windows 10: How does one make Windows 10 connect to a share that IS online and available?

Discus and support How does one make Windows 10 connect to a share that IS online and available? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 laptop Pro 1903 18362.778, it connects to seven shares in my home network. Four are not available offline - I have no troubles with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by calvinhc, May 10, 2020.

1. calvinhc Win User

How does one make Windows 10 connect to a share that IS online and available?

On my Windows 10 laptop Pro 1903 18362.778, it connects to seven shares in my home network.

Four are not available offline - I have no troubles with these.

Two are available offline that I also have no troubles with online or offline.

One of the shares, for my own personal files, is available offline, but occasionally when I am connected to the home network, it shows as offline. All other shares are online, and other computers and devices at home can make use of the this share just like the others, so it is online and available.

For whatever reason, on these occasions, usually when the laptop is started from power-off, it may not see the any of the shares when I first log on and it reports so. If I open Explorer, it will show all shares, except for the one with the issue, as being offline the red X with the drive icon. Clicking on each one appears to force it to try, and the result is that it becomes online and the icon changes to the normal icon showing the share is online.

For the share with my personal files, I have to drill down to a folder and click on one to get a display that shows at the bottom it is Offline. This would be normal if I was not connected to my home network.

What is the simple procedure to force Windows to update the status and connect to the share?

I can generally do this by restarting Windows, but I shouldn't have to do that.

:)

calvinhc, May 10, 2020
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2020
  4. ASIFALI3 Win User

Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10

nothing is available in computer as you are saying

ASIFALI3, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How does one make Windows 10 connect to a share that IS online and available? - Similar Threads - does connect share

2. OneNote not available online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not available online: Hi. Hoping someone can assist. I have OneNote on my laptop but when I try to access OneNote online, I get "Sorry, we can't get your notebooks right now. Please try again later. Reference number: bc0acfd1-2870-435d-afd5-d6ed048f82db". I want my notes available across my...
  3. OneNote not available online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote not available online: Hi. Hoping someone can assist. I have OneNote on my laptop but when I try to access OneNote online, I get "Sorry, we can't get your notebooks right now. Please try again later. Reference number: bc0acfd1-2870-435d-afd5-d6ed048f82db". I want my notes available across my...
  4. OneNote not available online

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Make files available on One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make files available on One Drive: Make files available on One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-files-available-on-one-drive/3f6c6ca1-7e81-49e3-a1a3-f7254685a45e
  6. How do I make items appear online? (One Drive)

How do I make items appear online? (One Drive): I have no idea why, but some of my files and folders have a grey cross in the corner, and the icon has changed to the internet explorer icon in front of paper. When i hover over it, it says "Availability status: Available when online" It is stopping me from opening these...
  7. How does one make text darker in all of Windows 10 and it's applications?

How does one make text darker in all of Windows 10 and it's applications?: I have tried everything that I can think of. Is there some way of making the text in Windows 10 darker. The type is so light that it is difficult to read. I am running the lastest Windows insider update for build 1903. BHF1...
  8. How does one save a theme/make a theme?

How does one save a theme/make a theme?: So apparently at least for me this feature really doesn't work at all. When I'm wanting to save my current "theme" I notice that it says for the background is called Untitled (and the image I'm using has a name and isn't called that) curious to why it says that but looking...
  9. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...
  10. How does one split ethernet connection?

How does one split ethernet connection?: Hello folks, Apologies if this question sounds super basic. I have an issue with my wifi. The router is provided by the cable company, and almost everyone in the apartment block has same ISP and same type of router. There is so much conflict (that is my guess) with the...